NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Considering what I stated above, there's no way of truly knowing. Pat plays his role well enough. And we can't just ignore contracts. Wiggins is making $33 Million and you're trying to compare his role to a man making $6 Million. That, in itself, is enough reason to be hesitant on Wiggins and his "value." 

You're arguing that Wiggins might not be able to contribute to a winning team. In the right context, I believe he absolutely can contribute to a winning team. Pat is contributing to a potential champion and no way do I believe Milwaukee is better with Pat than with Wiggins.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You're arguing that Wiggins might not be able to contribute to a winning team. In the right context, I believe he absolutely can contribute to a winning team. Pat is contributing to a potential champion and no way do I believe Milwaukee is better with Pat than with Wiggins.

I mean, you can think that all you want but it's not based in any type of reality. I stated my issues as to why I believe it and we have yet to see it happen in 7 years in the league. Also, you can't just ignore contracts like that. Pat, for $6 Million, is way more valuable to us than Wiggins would be at $33 Million. They also don't offer the same things. Pat is in the Donte role where we want good rebounding guards. Pat's at 11% TRB% while Wiggins is under 8%. 

It is what it is. I'm just with @CWood21 here in that he's nowhere near a positive value trade asset. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, you can think that all you want but it's not based in any type of reality. I stated my issues as to why I believe it and we have yet to see it happen in 7 years in the league. Also, you can't just ignore contracts like that. Pat, for $6 Million, is way more valuable to us than Wiggins would be at $33 Million. They also don't offer the same things. Pat is in the Donte role where we want good rebounding guards. Pat's at 11% TRB% while Wiggins is under 8%. 

It is what it is. I'm just with @CWood21 here in that he's nowhere near a positive value trade asset. 

No one said he was.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Fine, let me amend.

I'm with @CWood21 in thinking he's a negative asset through and through.

We've admitted that too though. Both Seminoles and I have both said he's a negative asset that requires a pick to take him. What we are saying is he's nowhere near the albatross he was considered to be last season. He has the skillset to be a contributor on a contending team and his contract has fallen down the list of highest paid players in the league (and will continue to do so). Now he's simply a vastly overpaid starter.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

We've admitted that too though. Both Seminoles and I have both said he's a negative asset that requires a pick to take him. What we are saying is he's nowhere near the albatross he was considered to be last season. He has the skillset to be a contributor on a contending team and his contract has fallen down the list of highest paid players in the league (and will continue to do so). Now he's simply a vastly overpaid starter.

Eh, I don't really necessarily agree but I get where you're coming from. I still think he's an albatross contract by the definition of the word. It may be easier to offload it now because there's only 2 years left but it's still a massive hinderance and carries significant negative value.

Wiggins improved his value by quite a bit this season. Like others have said, he’s still overpaid but you can do a lottttttt worse than Wiggins. Can create his own shot, shot better from 3 (a good percentage) and played very good defense. I think there is some bias at play here with some of y’all. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Eh, I don't really necessarily agree but I get where you're coming from. I still think he's an albatross contract by the definition of the word. It may be easier to offload it now because there's only 2 years left but it's still a massive hinderance and carries significant negative value.

That's where we differ. I don't see it that way. I know you said you understand where I'm coming from and this is really only the spot where we differ. Here is why:

He'll be the 28th largest contract in the NBA next season if no free agent signs a bigger deal than him (not happening). Of the top 40 highest paid players right now 12 of them are bad to garbage contracts and I'd argue he's closer to the top of that list than the bottom.

John Wall-2nd

Russell Westbrook-3rd

Klay Thompson-11th

Kemba Walker-13th

Tobias Harris-15th

Rudy Gobert-18th

Kristaps Porzingis-21st

Ben Simmons-24th

Andrew Wiggins-28th

Kevin Love-29th

D'Angelo Russell-33rd

Blake Griffin-35th

Only three players making more money than him have shorter deals. He is going to fall further down that list as the contract continues and the cap goes up. It's also a good bargaining chip for matching salaries. Sometimes you need a guy making a lot of money to deal for a guy making a lot of money.

He also doesn't give you a Westbrook, Gobert, Porzingis or Simmons issue in the postseason where their biggest weakness can continually be exploited again and again. He can defend at a high level, create for himself, and has at least shown evidence that he can shoot well. Whether that's an outlier or not is to be determined but he's never been a terrible shooter either.

Would I want to pay a 4th/5th option $30 million? Of course not. At least he's playable and movable though.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Andrew Wiggins is the sole reason the Warriors will never win another championship with their current core. That contract is one of the worst in the league. Golden State went from being light years ahead of the league when they were in Oakland to an afterthought in San Francisco. Lost their homecourt advantage too but that’s another discussion.

Look I get it that guys have joined the olympics and elevated their game but Wiggins ain’t them. He has been literally the same exact player since day 1. He got maxed out in Minnesota after he pinky promised their owner he would work harder but it changed nothing.

You saw Currys face sometimes this season, namely  in the play in game when Wiggins blew it… it was the look of total defeat. He asked so little of Wiggins and he still couldn’t deliver. He’s just not a max player.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

KD on Urkle twitter spaces lmfao. Had 14k people listing. 

I saw the clip of the guy from Toronto. DO YOU KNOW MY NAME! Like dummy, why does it matter what name is?

KD also was breaking down double teams and that Harden received them in Houston and some of the dudes up there were saying it wasn't like how Steph gets doubled and one said the difference is Steph is still 50/40/90 despite those doubles....That wasn't part of the argument at all lol.

Where can I watch the entire KD part of the spaces? 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I saw the clip of the guy from Toronto. DO YOU KNOW MY NAME! Like dummy, why does it matter what name is?

KD also was breaking down double teams and that Harden received them in Houston and some of the dudes up there were saying it wasn't like how Steph gets doubled and one said the difference is Steph is still 50/40/90 despite those doubles....That wasn't part of the argument at all lol.

Where can I watch the entire KD part of the spaces? 

Yeah that you know my name comment was extremely cringe but I thought it was entertaining. No other NBA player doing anything like that. KD really just like us but happens to be great at basketball. 

The amount of verified people in there was insane. Even had Jack in there and promoting it on his Twitter.

Unless someone screen recorded the it I don’t think there is a way to go back a listen.