What are you thinking about?

pwny

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I do not understand how people live in big cities.  I feel claustrophobic when watching movies that have establishing shots of big cities like NY or wherever.

I would literally have a panic attack if I ever went to a city with a population over a million.

There’s  lots of things to do in big cities. Concerts, bars, museums, restaurants etc. Not to mention way more options to get groceries and stuff. In a small town or city your limited to all of that. I personally never really get the appeal of NYC as well. It makes me feel claustrophobic and everything looks so cramped. 

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

There’s  lots of things to do in big cities. Concerts, bars, museums, restaurants etc. Not to mention way more options to get groceries and stuff. In a small town or city your limited to all of that. I personally never really get the appeal of NYC as well. It makes me feel claustrophobic and everything looks so cramped. 

Im in a county of 12-14k. We have "Concerts, bars, museums, restaurants etc." And anytime we go to that type deal. Will know numerous people while there.

Groceries? A city might have more options. But ours is far superior in quality. Within 5 air miles of me alone. There are numerous fishermen, 2 beef farms, dairy farm, few veggie stands, 2 Amish markets and 3 wineries.

And what you named to do is all indoor. If I want to go sailing, jetski, water skiing, maybe mudbogging, clay pigeon shooting, horse riding or hit the beach. I just step outside and do it. It surrounds me.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

My dad passed this morning. He's not in pain anymore. Is it bad that I feel like I should have some friends over to drink and hang out with this weekend just so that I can process this better? Like how does one truly ever handle grief?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

My dad passed this morning. He's not in pain anymore. Is it bad that I feel like I should have some friends over to drink and hang out with this weekend just so that I can process this better? Like how does one truly ever handle grief?

So sorry for your loss. There’s nothing wrong with hanging out with your friends and drinking to process it. There’s not an easy answer to your last question. Over the years after my brother died, I ranged from antisocial behavior to heavy drinking/partying. The things that really helped me move forward were going for long walks to think, talking to friends who could relate, and figuring out my own spirituality. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

So sorry for your loss. There’s nothing wrong with hanging out with your friends and drinking to process it. There’s not an easy answer to your last question. Over the years after my brother died, I ranged from antisocial behavior to heavy drinking/partying. The things that really helped me move forward were going for long walks to think, talking to friends who could relate, and figuring out my own spirituality. 

I appreciate this. Thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I did something like that a bit after my dad passed. People process things differently, however you choose to process is on you and not up for judgement.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I did something like that a bit after my dad passed. People process things differently, however you choose to process is on you and not up for judgement.

What ET said. People process grief differently, if you feel having a small gathering and having a couple (or more) beers is going to help you - do it. 

When my friend passed away last year, she had a small viewing but then everyone gathered at her favorite bar afterward and we all basically cried together, ate oysters and drank Miller Lite. It's what she would have wanted. Honestly, it helped. 

• Like 2