2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

43 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Why this kid? He's waaay too small...5'9" 165??!! Lmao... Not even that fast (4.51 ...non laser at that).

Why not Nico Collins? Dude is 6'4" 4.4 speed..big strong fast target for Stafford? No brainer 

Edited by RamPackFan

I'm getting increasingly concerned that we might move Kupp or Woods during the draft. I realize we just restructured them, but the amount of WR's we've been meeting with, along with the signing of D-Jax, and last year drafting VJ has me quite suspicious.

VJ/Woods/Kupp I feel are all interchangeable given their skill sets. D-Jax is obviously a 1 year deep threat, but we are meeting with some larger bodied WR's that can win jump balls and take the top off. I believe that a team would be willing to give up a pick between 26-45 for Kupp or Woods. Baltimore, Buffalo, KC, Jax, NYJ, MIA, Philly all come to mind given their situations and where they fit in the late 1st, early 2nd. 

I also believe Ertz is still on the table and will be moved during the draft. Rumors are that teams value him as a 5th rounder and PHI expects more. Indy is the heavy favorite, but If we offer a 4th and a conditional future(6th turn into 5th) I would be very interested. Needless to say, I believe our pass catchers will look very different next year given Stafford's skill set.

32 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm getting increasingly concerned that we might move Kupp or Woods during the draft. I realize we just restructured them, but the amount of WR's we've been meeting with, along with the signing of D-Jax, and last year drafting VJ has me quite suspicious.

VJ/Woods/Kupp I feel are all interchangeable given their skill sets. D-Jax is obviously a 1 year deep threat, but we are meeting with some larger bodied WR's that can win jump balls and take the top off. I believe that a team would be willing to give up a pick between 26-45 for Kupp or Woods. Baltimore, Buffalo, KC, Jax, NYJ, MIA, Philly all come to mind given their situations and where they fit in the late 1st, early 2nd. 

I also believe Ertz is still on the table and will be moved during the draft. Rumors are that teams value him as a 5th rounder and PHI expects more. Indy is the heavy favorite, but If we offer a 4th and a conditional future(6th turn into 5th) I would be very interested. Needless to say, I believe our pass catchers will look very different next year given Stafford's skill set.

I was thinking something similar honestly, however the one reason I don’t think it will happen is because whoever we draft will probably play about the same amount of time as Van did last year. I think if anyone is moved, it’ll be next year. 

41 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I wouldn't put it past this team but I would be surprised. I could see our offense just evolving with Stafford to have a lot more personnel groupings. We rarely went 4 WRs but I could see that being something we look go to more.

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I was thinking something similar honestly, however the one reason I don’t think it will happen is because whoever we draft will probably play about the same amount of time as Van did last year. I think if anyone is moved, it’ll be next year. 

I agree the rookie WR wouldn't get many reps, but VJ would slide into a starting role. 

Going with the notion that we draft 1 year ahead of need, VJ would be a starter and we have an underutilized asset in Woods/Kupp. So if we have 3 starting caliber WR's, we move one to upgrade somewhere else on the team with an early draft pick (Guard, EDGE, Whit replacement). That is if McVay believes VJ can step into that role year 2. He played 86% of the snaps vs GB in the playoffs and arguably the best game of his career 7 targets, 6 receptions 46 yards and a TD. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I honestly agree. We need to shed money at some point and I feel like we need to invest somewhere in a jumpball type receiver. Stafford has always loved throwing to this types of guys and right now, our top 3 WR are all in the same mold. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Doesn't make sense to trade one of them even if we draft another WR. They are very valuable in the running game too and they can block.

Not sure if Jefferson can block like them...

And i don't know what the obsession with Ertz...

12 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Doesn't make sense to trade one of them even if we draft another WR. They are very valuable in the running game too and they can block.

Depending on what the return is, I certainly can see the justification for it. If we can get a late 1st for Kupp or Woods and can draft Jayson Oweh at EDGE, I'd be all for it. Floyd and Oweh gives us a freak tandem that are both 6'5.

14 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Not sure if Jefferson can block like them...

Blocking is more about willingness then anything else unless you're undersized. Jefferson can block well enough.

14 minutes ago, Flounch said:

And i don't know what the obsession with Ertz...

He is one year removed from being a top 3 TE in the NFL and looking to secure another contract. TJ Hockenson saw 101 targets last year and 6 TDs. Ertz and Stafford would be a top 3 TE/QB duo. Higbee is...Higbee.