Houston is gonna drop the ball on Watson

Blue

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I don't think Bridgewater has much value at all at 17M, given we know how limited he is.   But let's just agree that Elway acquiring Flacco was a move of utter desperation and misguided win-now philosophy on team that isn't even close to winning (back then).   And that generally smart ppl can still commit acts of sheer stupidity every now and then

I'm pretty sure Ozzie Newsome still sends Elway a card each Holidays for that one.

Not an outlier though. People underestimate the QB compensation market all the time. The bears traded a 4th for Nick Foles. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not an outlier though. People underestimate the QB compensation market all the time. The bears traded a 4th for Nick Foles. 

Fair - just keep in mind those mind-numbingly bad deals are also driven by the scarcity of availability options (some years, guys like Foles, Flacco and even Mike Glennon are the top 3 options).   This year, there isn't quite the same scarcity.  That matters a lot.

Edited by Broncofan

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Fair - just keep in mind those mind-numbingly bad deals are also driven by the scarcity of availability options (some years, guys like Foles, Flacco and even Mike Glennon are the top 3 options).   This year, there isn't quite the same scarcity.  That matters a lot.

Eh, I think that there is almost always opportunities for guys like that and I'm not sure that this market is great or anything.  New England, Chicago, Washington could all use another QB and none are in great positions to draft their guy (that is perception because the draft hasn't happened yet, so if 3 Qbs went in the top 4, none of us would be shocked and that would be a bad situation for those teams in the late teens early 20's, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the 3rd QB didn't roll off until 8 which would be much more promising for those teams).  You could add Denver (theoretically) to that list (I think it's more likely they sign a guy). I mean, the niners apparently put in a call on Teddy even. Just one of those things. If teams think that you can be a borderline competent QB, I think that there will always be some sort of market. They don't have a ton of value, but getting a 4th or something is still a positive asset. 

I mean, Teddy wasn't bad from an analytics bent last year. 19th in dvoa. 15th in epa+cpoe, 19th in epa / play. Kind of just what you'd expect from him. He's kind of Alex Smith circa 2011 (Alex got one more half year in 2012 where he was very good that probably helped bump his value). I do believe that last year was ostensibly peak Teddy, so that's not great lol, but I think that there's almost always a market for those guys until they truly fall out of favor (Basically the point that Andy Dalton hit last year) 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Eh, I think that there is almost always opportunities for guys like that and I'm not sure that this market is great or anything.  New England, Chicago, Washington could all use another QB and none are in great positions to draft their guy (that is perception because the draft hasn't happened yet, so if 3 Qbs went in the top 4, none of us would be shocked and that would be a bad situation for those teams in the late teens early 20's, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the 3rd QB didn't roll off until 8 which would be much more promising for those teams).  You could add Denver (theoretically) to that list (I think it's more likely they sign a guy). I mean, the niners apparently put in a call on Teddy even. Just one of those things. If teams think that you can be a borderline competent QB, I think that there will always be some sort of market. They don't have a ton of value, but getting a 4th or something is still a positive asset. 

I mean, Teddy wasn't bad from an analytics bent last year. 19th in dvoa. 15th in epa+cpoe, 19th in epa / play. Kind of just what you'd expect from him. He's kind of Alex Smith circa 2011 (Alex got one more half year in 2012 where he was very good that probably helped bump his value). I do believe that last year was ostensibly peak Teddy, so that's not great lol, but I think that there's almost always a market for those guys until they truly fall out of favor (Basically the point that Andy Dalton hit last year) 

I’ll give you that compared to Flacco, Foles & Glennon - Bridgewater isn’t an asset, but he’s not a disaster like those guys.    

With all these allegations out wonder how this will be impacted not only via trade but for the texans. Apparently 6 woman are coming forward, 1 or 2 could be viewed as disgruntled hook ups that didnt go there way but now your throwing 6 in there has to be something going on. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out and the fact it is coming out now. Reminds me of the time Tunsil was about to get drafted and the bong mask pops up a few hours prior to the draft. If a trade were to happen it may be put on hold because of this until the league investigates. 

19 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

With all these allegations out wonder how this will be impacted not only via trade but for the texans. Apparently 6 woman are coming forward, 1 or 2 could be viewed as disgruntled hook ups that didnt go there way but now your throwing 6 in there has to be something going on. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out and the fact it is coming out now. Reminds me of the time Tunsil was about to get drafted and the bong mask pops up a few hours prior to the draft. If a trade were to happen it may be put on hold because of this until the league investigates. 

Nobody is trading for Watson.

39 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Apparently 6 woman are coming forward, 1 or 2 could be viewed as disgruntled hook ups that didnt go there way but now your throwing 6 in there has to be something going on. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out and the fact it is coming out now. Reminds me of the time Tunsil was about to get drafted and the bong mask pops up a few hours prior to the draft.

So, since you're a proponent of "where there is smoke, there's fire" and yet reference an incident that proves a man was robbed of his due process and it cost him exponentially via draft slot and it was assumed he was guilty, you don't find this comically ironic?

• Like 2