Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Anyone else holding off on the booster shots? I took my parents to get it a few days ago and holding off on mines.

I admire your decision and if you feel that way then stick to it. I was in the same boat as well and believe in holding off because I thought we should be helping other countries first. But since it’s been decided to give boosters to certain people now, the rising cases in CA, my kid being under age eligibility to be vaccinated, and that my dose does not actually go to anyone else needy if I don’t take it, I decided to just get the booster next week instead of letting it go to waste.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Xenos said:

Once cases go up but hospitalization and deaths do not rise proportionately as well, then we know we’re at the point where we can live with Covid.

There are always going to be surges in hospitalizations and deaths when COVID is running rampant.  

Those bumps have been less pronounced the last 6 months which is probably the best we're ever going to get.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xenos said:

I admire your decision and if you feel that way then stick to it. I was in the same boat as well and believe in holding off because I thought we should be helping other countries first. But since it’s been decided to give boosters to certain people now, the rising cases in CA, my kid being under age eligibility to be vaccinated, and that my dose does not actually go to anyone else needy if I don’t take it, I decided to just get the booster next week instead of letting it go to waste.

Thanks my situation is different no kids, young and healthy. I’m dreading next month  I always get sick in December for about 2-3 days. I just don’t know if the first week or last week. 

20 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

No. Why?

Everyone should get every shot they are allowed to get.

I'm taking a wait and see approach on boosters. There's not a lot of articles of young adults in their 20s needing it. My parents are in their 50s and more at risk so I helped them get the boosters last week. 

I found this article but it's behind a paywall.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-coronavirus-boosters-not-for-everyone-third-dose-shot-pfizer-delta-11635948641

At least 50 percent of people who survive covid-19 experience a variety of physical and psychological health issues for six months or more after their initial recovery, according to research on the long-term effects of the disease, published in the journal JAMA Network Open.  Those affected by post-covid conditions, sometimes called “long haulers,” can include anyone who has had covid-19, even those who had no symptoms or just mild ones, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention