Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

And what has Gruden ever done with a rookie QB that makes you think he's capable of identifying a QBOTF or would ever want a rookie QB starter in the first place?

cut gruden before the draft

Don't really understand why they would do that other than they think James is good which i wouldn't be able to know. Anyway, with the 3.5M base salary voided and with a post june 1st designation, they'd save 9.9M in cap space but they wouldn't be available until june. So they'd just use it to sign the draft class. It still means they can get to 0 until then knowing they're getting cap space at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Don't really understand why they would do that other than they think James is good which i wouldn't be able to know. Anyway, with the 3.5M base salary voided and with a post june 1st designation, they'd save 9.9M in cap space but they wouldn't be available until june. So they'd just use it to sign the draft class. It still means they can get to 0 until then knowing they're getting cap space at this point.

Jerry Mc saying it’s a cash thing ? 

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Is this correct? So he voided a part of his contract, therefore reducing the dead cap hit and with the post June designation, we will have saved cap space? I’m confused

Tashan Reed, Raiders beat writer: The only logical explanation is to save cap space in 2022. According to Spotrac, Hudson would've carried a dead-money hit of $8.3 million next year if he wasn't released before June. This way, all of his $14.5 million cap hit for 2022 is off the books. They're losing $1.9 million in immediate cap space to make this move now but deemed it to be worth it given the long-term savings. 

They would've saved $1.5 million if they had traded him, but other teams may not have been willing to pay a premium salary for a center who's turning 32 this summer.

Just now, reddevil said:

Is this correct? So he voided a part of his contract, therefore reducing the dead cap hit and with the post June designation, we will have saved cap space? I’m confused

If you believe Mark Sanchez then yes that is true gave up 3.5 million 

Just now, reddevil said:

If the report about the 3.5M guarantee being voided is correct and with a post june 1st designation, that's what it looks like to me. But it's all very confusing indeed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/rodney-hudson-7774/

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Tashan Reed, Raiders beat writer: The only logical explanation is to save cap space in 2022. According to Spotrac, Hudson would've carried a dead-money hit of $8.3 million next year if he wasn't released before June. This way, all of his $14.5 million cap hit for 2022 is off the books. They're losing $1.9 million in immediate cap space to make this move now but deemed it to be worth it given the long-term savings. 

They would've saved $1.5 million if they had traded him, but other teams may not have been willing to pay a premium salary for a center who's turning 32 this summer.

I see that makes sense

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

And what has Gruden ever done with a rookie QB that makes you think he's capable of identifying a QBOTF or would ever want a rookie QB starter in the first place?

We can go back and fourth all day like this. The short answer? Absolutely nothing. What has he done to show us he can build a successful roster with Carr as the QB? Short answer? Nothing. 

Again, if Gruden is staying I’d rather take our shot with a young QB then Carr. Doesn’t mean it’s going to be successful.