Dolphins, Eagles Swap FRPs (Eagles to 12, Dolphins to 6)

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Bad move by Miami after a great move by Miami. Super interesting

I somewhat disagree. I think this was a great move *IF* they believe one of Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Chase is head and shoulders better than the rest. If they think one of them is a future HOF, and the rest are simply good players, the deal makes sense. They’ve secured the ability to take that guy and still picked up draft capital in the process. 

5 minutes ago, winitall said:

I somewhat disagree. I think this was a great move *IF* they believe one of Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Chase is head and shoulders better than the rest. If they think one of them is a future HOF, and the rest are simply good players, the deal makes sense. They’ve secured the ability to take that guy and still picked up draft capital in the process. 

im sure the move makes sense to them based on their evals. Doesn't make it good. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Which makes total sense for the Eagles. Push back the move up to a year where the QB class is trash lol

We'll have to wait and see but there are some guys with the potential to emerge as 1st round picks like Kedon Slovis, Spencer Rattler, and Sam Howell. I've also seen some first round hype around Bo Nix, Tyler Shough, Matt Corral, Desmond Ridder, and Malik Willis. 

Leading up to the 2017 season no one had a first round grade on Mahomes, in 2019 no one had a first round grade on Murray, in 2020 no one had a first round grade on Burrow, and in 2021 no one had a first round grade on Mac Jones or Zach Wilson. 

8 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Assuming Eagles are out at QB, this probably means the Pats or whoever need to make a big move to get 4 from the Falcons.

If the Jets go OT at #2 and Wilson goes #3 to San Francisco, wouldn't that open up some things? Cause Lance and Fields will both still be on the board and there's no guarantee that Atlanta goes QB there. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

If the Jets go OT at #2 and Wilson goes #3 to San Francisco, wouldn't that open up some things? Cause Lance and Fields will both still be on the board and there's no guarantee that Atlanta goes QB there. 

If the Jets go OT at 2 I don't think I'd ever get over the joy that would bring me. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We'll have to wait and see but there are some guys with the potential to emerge as 1st round picks like Kedon Slovis, Spencer Rattler, and Sam Howell. I've also seen some first round hype around Bo Nix, Tyler Shough, Matt Corral, Desmond Ridder, and Malik Willis. 

Leading up to the 2017 season no one had a first round grade on Mahomes, in 2019 no one had a first round grade on Murray, in 2020 no one had a first round grade on Burrow, and in 2021 no one had a first round grade on Mac Jones or Zach Wilson. 

For sure. Just don't see it happening with the 2022 class. Maybe Rattler but Slovis and Howell are...uninspiring. Ridder and Strong are the next two guys I'd look into. Never know but right now, I'm not a fan of the 2022 class.

Dolphins are in the best spot. 4 QBs going on the top 5 at least 3 so the Dolphins will sit back at 6 with either Sewell, Chase, or Smith or Weddle (reuniting with Tua) or even Pitts who could be the next Kelce or Kittle. 

The Eagles are loading up on picks to try to surround Hurts will as much talent around him to help him succeed.