3rd Overall Pick - Trey Lance vs Justin Fields (with bonus third poll option)

N4L

Which QB?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the niners to draft?

• Trey Lance
    • Justin Fields
    • Neither, I would rather shoot N4L in the face with a shotgun by drafting Mac Jones
  2. 2. Should we keep Garoppolo for 2021

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 01:00 AM

37 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Everyone keeps saying only reason they think it's Mac is because of his floor and he cna play right now. Yet Kyle has stated this isn't about this season but the future. Aka reason we are keeping Jimmy this season. Where the heck is everyone getting there logic? Lol

This. The media is going running with speculation but ignoring what was actually said by the man himself.

4 minutes ago, 49ers fan said:

This. The media is going running with speculation but ignoring what was actually said by the man himself.

and folks are acting like Fields couldn't play day one. Lance too but I rather not bet on it?

But yes if the plans are truth and we want to roll with Jimmy for 2021 then its Lance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

and folks are acting like Fields couldn't play day one. Lance too but I rather not bet on it?

But yes if the plans are truth and we want to roll with Jimmy for 2021 then its Lance.

The narratives are something that have really bugged me this year. A lot of them have not made much sense to me. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I don't think it's that cut and dry personally. I think they could still keep Jimmy around for the year and take Fields. To me Fields arm talent is as good or better than anyone in this draft. His combination of power, accuracy, and touch are fantastic. I would still take Fields over Lance, but I'd be plenty happy with Lance too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I don't think it's that cut and dry personally. I think they could still keep Jimmy around for the year and take Fields. To me Fields arm talent is as good or better than anyone in this draft. His combination of power, accuracy, and touch are fantastic. I would still take Fields over Lance, but I'd be plenty happy with Lance too. 

Anyone but Mac Jones please....lol

46 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Wow I have two sons and I want to pull my hair out everyday. How you do it? Lol

23, 21, 19, 16 and 12 are their ages. After 3, it really didn't feel much different. They get along well and do a lot together, so I guess we lucked out. Actually, I think the youngest kind of bridged or bonded the others together, if that makes sense. We had less conflict when #5 arrived. 

I grew up the oldest of 6 (3 girls, 3 boys). I wouldn't know what to do with less, I guess. Family is a joy for us. 

I don't know what else to tell you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, I'd still start Jimmy and then go with Lance if/when Jimmy gets hurt. But I would still get him involved weekly and get him in some plays. 

So Mortenson said when the Niners made the trade they were 90/10 in favor of Jones and the other 10 being Lance. He doesn't know what it is now but he would bet on Jones being the pick. 

Add another one to Jones! 

Sometimes, when so many credible people say its Jones, it makes you wonder. But the wording is just weird. Especially when its sourcing people around the NFL (so basically, gossip, which may or may not be true). Then, just this offseason, so many of them were wrong.

Rappaport & Maiocco both got blindsided by the trade upto 3.

Schefter reported in January that the Jets were likely to keep Darnold. Also, on SB weekend said a Wentz trade could happen that weekend (it happened like 2 weeks later).

Mort said Watson wanted to go to the Dolphins but that has been refuted by several other reporters.

1-2 days before the trade, Jeremy Fowler said the Niners were upto something at QB...but said it was likely to be a trade for Minshew (i guess still could happen if we move on from Jimmy)

And then dont get me started on some of the analysis. Trading up for your very own Matt Schaub & Kirk Cousins SMH 

Edited by 49ersfan

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

Whenever Chris says five, my mind instinctively changes it to 1 for my own self preservation. My head could not handle the thought of 5

🤣 I am basically a big kid, so I do a lot with them. RPGs are big with my boys and I. In fact, I may be the one who struggles with becoming an empty nester...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I still think Mac stuff is coming from us. Like I said ether we are using it as a smokescreen or he's the pick and we have been leaking it too lesson the blow. 

I thought of this earlier.. What is the one way Kyle can influence the Jets not to take Fields? Put out info that he loves someone else. I'm probably grasping at straws, but man do I not want Mac at 3 😂

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

I thought of this earlier.. What is the one way Kyle can influence the Jets not to take Fields? Put out info that he loves someone else. I'm probably grasping at straws, but man do I not want Mac at 3 😂

On top of that right when the Fields stuff started hyping up after his proday. The media came out saying it's still Mac. So idk lol I'm done trying to find answers. We just have to wait out another week of this poo. 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Imagine if we traded up on draft day to 3 to take Mac Jones lol we all be flipping. Now if he's the pick it won't be a surprise. I'm just hoping there using it as a smokescreen for whatever reason. 

If it's coming from us, I believe it's a smoke screen. Kyle said himself that they didn't want to go to any pro days before the trade so they don't tip their hand. So, obviously Kyle is very aware of saying too much and it doesn't make sense he want things to leak now.