What's a Football take that has you like this?

August4th

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

What about the guy who asked about being a law enforcement officer and whether or not he could still engage in illicit activities like drug trafficking? @ramssuperbowl99 tell me I'm not misremembering this thread in WAYTA.

Given the kind of **** most cops get up to on a regular basis, one who does drug trafficking would be several rungs higher on the moral ladder.

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

Given the kind of **** most cops get up to on a regular basis, one who does drug trafficking would be several rungs higher on the moral ladder.

Brother is a cop. This post is absurdly awful and ignorant.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Champ Bailey was better than both Darell Revis and Dion Sanders

EydRl3EWgAkhpLl?format=jpg&name=small

In some years he probably was. I don't think it's particularly controversial that CB performance has greater variance from year to year than most positions. 

1 hour ago, Starless said:

In some years he probably was. I don't think it's particularly controversial that CB performance has greater variance from year to year than most positions. 

That and compared to other guys, especially for the CB position, his longevity and time at the top is unmatched. Ronde Barber might be the only other one close to match top level play and longevity. Maybe Charles Woodson but he switched to Safety to extend his career or else the wheels would have fallen off him a lot sooner sticking to CB.

Flaming Hot Take: I would take those 10 years of Bailey. 2003-2013 over any other CB you could names 10 year run.

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 4/15/2021 at 12:45 PM, TENINCH said:

2 NFL QB's since 2015 have 25k yards and a 100 plus rating. Brady and Cousins.

He's had a 90.8 PFF Grade in the 4th Quarter since 2019. 1st among all QB's.

He ranks 3rd all time in completion %. 6th all time QB rating. 15th all time in Yards Per Attempt (ahead of Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning) 

Yes I copied all of the that from Twitter sports peoples like Phil Mackey.

Okay, so are you saying that he's like, what....a top 5 quarterback of the past decade or something?

EDIT: I forgot what was originally said and traced it back and saw that that is almost precisely what you're saying. I'd delete this entirely but I think it's funny.

Let's just say I completely disagree, but I suppose that's the point.

Edited by DannyB

On 4/9/2021 at 12:47 PM, Blackstar12 said:

Seahawks purposely didn’t want Marshawn to be the hero of SBXLIX.

One of my hot takes is that, that play made sense.....a simple incomplete would have got you 2 plays while a run would have ended the game

Malcolm Butler made a play that has gotten him a whole NFL career....i just give him props

22 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Football Take:

If the Chiefs do not win the Super Bowl in 2021, Patrick Mahomes has won his last Super Bowl

Extended Take:

No QB making huge dollars will win one. Going back to the early 2000s, the highest QB cap as a % of total cap to win a Super Bowl was 12.2% (Brady in 2020 and in 2018). 

In less than 1/3 of the years did the QB have a cap hit of 10-12.2%.. and in nearly half of the years, the QB had a cap hit of under 7%

For reference, cap in 2020 is $182.5M, meaning that using the 12.2% as a threshhold, it would be unprecedented for a QB making over $22.4M to win it

As the cap expands over the next few years, cap will have to rise to about $250M for a $30M QB to be in the low 12%. For a QB like Mahomes, his cap hit is going to be in the 17-21% range, which seems historically unreasonable to field a successful roster

(for reference, in 2019 when they won it, Mahomes hit was 2.4%, In 2020 his hit was 2.4%, and in 2021 his hit will be 4.0%, before exploding to 17.6% in 2022)

If this is the case I wonder if we could see a market crash in the value of elite QBs as guys start to take Tom Brady-esque discounts