Julian Edelman vs Calvin Johnson

NeptunePenguins

Which career was better  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Edelman or Johnson?

• Edelman
    • Johnson

3 hours ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Sure, but not many and definitely not a catch against a forgettable opponent that didn't end up in a TD or game winner.

Losing a 28-3 lead probably makes Atlanta one of the most memorable Super Bowl losers ever tbh

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'll take the money.

I would if it was between that and being poor. Edelman has made tons. 

Personal preference, but I'd take winning trophies plus the sizeable pay cheque compared to jack sh glory but a better pay cheque. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I would if it was between that and being poor. Edelman has made tons

But he's made three times less than Johnson - it's not a few million, it's a significant difference.

Add in the various career milestones, records and accolades - it's pretty much a slam dunk for me, give me Megatron.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

What I want to know is, why hasn't this thread been locked yet? It's worse than the Alvin Kamara thread(s).

i mean, theres a chance that we continue to talk about cheesecake which is always a win. 

But since this is a football forum, look at the poll. The question is answered.... theres really not much left thats actually relevant to football.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

But he's made three times less than Johnson - it's not a few million, it's a significant difference.

Add in the various career milestones, records and accolades - it's pretty much a slam dunk for me, give me Megatron.

Yeah, it's not even a question in my mind.

The difference in earnings the first few years is 25-30 fold. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I mean, theres a chance that we continue to talk about cheesecake which is always a win

Cheesecake Factory had that Reese's Pieces peanut butter chocolate cheesecake? Gamechanger, a damn gamechanger.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

It's more that one of these players will be remembered for generations. The other is Julian Edelman

To add to this point - thought exercise:

Without the use of the internet, somebody tell me ...who was the MVP of SB19?

I'm going to wager nobody here can so without resorting to Google. As time passes, those three rings are going to be remembered as jewelry gifted by Tom Brady.

Nobody forgets a bust in Canton.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

idc about the money

It's more that one of these players will be remembered for generations. The other is Julian Edelman

We're not talking about the money...were talking about a ****load of money.

Someone brought up Manning/Marino as another example, except Eli made over $200 million in his career. As much as I love Isotoners, I'd rather be Eli.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Cheesecake Factory had that Reese's Pieces peanut butter chocolate cheesecake? Gamechanger, a damn gamechanger.

might be controversial but Im a fan of the tiramisu cheesecake. I like cheesecake and i like tiramisu, so heck yea i like the two smushed together into a single slice of deliciousness. 

• Like 1

Aside from 2011 and 2012 Calvin Johnson didn't exactly have any other incredible seasons beyond a typical WR1 standard

Give me the winning, the Superbowls, and more money that I'd ever spend anyways

Johnson's career was so "great" that he quit playing early because he couldn't take it any more