Jaguars sign TE Tim Tebow

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Jacksonville is gonna be a circus between Tebow and Lawrence.  They better win some games or the media will turn.

Yeah, I dunno what Urban is thinking about with Lawrence--not worth all the media spotlight.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, I dunno what Urban is thinking about with Lawrence--not worth all the media spotlight.

They should probably bring Gabbert back.  Haha.  If I wasn't clear, I meant there is enough pressure and spotlight when you draft a guy like Lawrence, why would you add the Tebow circus following on top of it.  

16 hours ago, offbyone said:

Jacksonville is gonna be a circus between Tebow and Lawrence.  They better win some games or the media will turn.

The media isn’t gonna turn. Jacksonville media is full of garbage pushovers. The Jags could go 2-14 and half the dudes would be running spotlight stories about how great the culture change has been. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

They should probably bring Gabbert back.  Haha.  If I wasn't clear, I meant there is enough pressure and spotlight when you draft a guy like Lawrence, why would you add the Tebow circus following on top of it.  

If anything though, i would think having a "Tebow circus" around as a distraction, could end up being a positive thing when it comes to diverting some of the "pressure" and "spotlight" on Lawrence.  He's going to walk into a bad team that just lost nearly every game last year...and have the expectation of dragging them out of the dumps.  That's a lot, and honestly...it's probably too much to expect.  So in the event that a rookie QB doesn't come in and miraculously turn a 1-15 team immediately into a winner...it couldn't hurt to have at least some of the media flak catching guys like Tebow, and Urban for bringing him in.  Guys who can take it, and maybe let Lawrence go about the business of being a rookie a little bit more easily.  Plus a guy in Tebow for Trevor to potentially to lean on, as having gone through an absolutely massive media circus or two in his time - he's a veteran at it, who i'm sure has some useful insight into dealing with it.

Realistically...it probably just does next to nothing.  A funny little sideshow distraction coming into training camp diverting some small bit of the spotlight off of Lawrence while he settles in.  It's not like there's going to be a QB controversy of any kind here.

Plus...quite frankly, the Jaguars TE situation is poor enough, Tebow honestly might have a shot.  Even after dabbling around in various other hobbies and projects for the last few years.

59 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He's entertaining whether you like it or not. He's basically one of us with a massive platform. 

I don't find him all that entertaining to be honest, although the silly arguments between him and Shannon are sometimes worth a clip or two.

The moment Skip made comments about Dak and his personal issues and then followed by doubling down on his initial statement people lost what little respect that he had. In the words of tropic thunder "you never go full retard" and Skip did that day. So anything that clown says he deserves to be ridiculed. Fan of a team and a player you never go at one's personal issues like he did with Dak. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

30 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't find him all that entertaining to be honest, although the silly arguments between him and Shannon are sometimes worth a clip or two.

Some like it, some dont like all things in life. 

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

The moment Skip made comments about Dak and his personal issues and then followed by doubling down on his initial statement people lost what little respect that he had. In the words of tropic thunder "you never go full retard" and Skip did that day. So anything that clown says he deserves to be ridiculed. Fan of a team and a player you never go at one's personal issues like he did with Dak. 

Fans do that all the time unfortunately behind a keyboard. Skip at his best is highly entertaining, one of the few really. However yes they should keep personal things out of their hot takes.