Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Elway really, really needs to find a QB.  He can give up a young player or two to get one, along with a ton of picks.  It's what that franchise is craving.

Vegas is in a similar boat, only they need "star" power to pack seats and increase revenue.

That's why you overpay for someone like Rodgers.

I want him back in GB, no doubt.  But if I'm offered 2 players out of this list, 3 firsts and a second, I'm taking it.  Jeudy, Surtain, Risner, Chubb.

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If tomorrow the Saints or someother team offered a 1st rounder for Love, would you take it?

No, Gotta see what Love has. You don't want to be the Falcons and Favre and watching him become a 3x MVP and first ballot HOFer for the next 15 years while we end up using Randy Wright after Rodgers.  

Edited by NFLGURU

4 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

if they had to increase revenue and guarantee contracts for their players they could, full stop.

I'm pretty confident their singular goal is to increase revenue as much as they can every year. I don't understand your point that they are intentionally keeping revenue artificially low?

They DO give fully guaranteed contracts...if the player wants one. It's 100% within the players' power to get fully guaranteed contracts if they wanted one.

With all the murmings coming out. The softening of Rodgers position through his mouth pieces, his up coming first public interview since this all kicked, I'm assuming that a deal is in the progress of being ironed out and all this idea of trading him will be dead in the water.

No GM I think has the balls to trade a Hall of Fame QB coming off an MVP season. 

The the thing is now not what will we get in return for Rodgers but how bad the damage is with his new contract.

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

With all the murmings coming out. The softening of Rodgers position through his mouth pieces, his up coming first public interview since this all kicked, I'm assuming that a deal is in the progress of being ironed out and all this idea of trading him will be dead in the water.

No GM I think has the balls to trade a Hall of Fame QB coming off an MVP season. 

The the thing is now not what will we get in return for Rodgers but how bad the damage is with his new contract.

I'm not giving him more money.  Security perhaps, but more money takes you from death row to strapped in the chair.

They arent winning the SB with that current contract as it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

If there is a deal with Rodgers it will be a death sentence for Love in GB. There is no both ways for Dunn on a deal.  

Just now, NFLGURU said:

I'm not giving him more money.  Security perhaps, but more money takes you from death row to strapped in the chair.

Disagree I'd give him money, but not added years.  

42 minutes ago, R T said:

A trading GM is going to want to trade draft capital and draft capital only,

well, then they ain't getting the MVP QB. can't have your cake and eat it too. a poo-poo platter of low picks at the end of the round won't cut it.

46 minutes ago, R T said:

On this fantasy trade, Packer fans with all the 1st and 2nd round draft selections on other teams that were draft crushes are resurfacing now, especially the Broncos. Now stop dreaming as a Packers fan for a moment and put yourself in the shoes of the Broncos GM. You have a good young roster, but missing a star QB. Why would a GM trade away the talented young players? What good is a star QB if he has no talent around him? If someone trades for Rodgers they know they have a small window, they don't have time to rebuild a roster to make a SB run. A trading GM is going to want to trade draft capital and draft capital only, if it also takes young players to make a deal there is probably no reason to make a deal. An old QB with no talent around him is a dim future, a roster of young talent without a high end QB still has a future.           

According to the Media, an MVP season? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'd give him more money and two years of contract security .. that's it.

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

well, then they ain't getting the MVP QB. can't have your cake and eat it too. a poo-poo platter of low picks at the end of the round won't cut it.

Broncos GM: Than keep your old, disgruntled QB who will be a cancer a destroy your locker room. 

Works both ways. 

• Like 2

I dont think they'll trade him Jun 1 or maybe not at all as they've said.  

At what point do you start looking to trade him?

After you've seen Love in TC?

If he doesn't show up for TC?

If he isn't there for the opener?

Other?

Edited by NFLGURU

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont think they'll trade him Jun 1 or maybe not at all as they've said.  

At what point do you start looking to trade him?

After you've seen Love in TC?

If he doesn't show up for TC?

If he isn't there for the opener?

Other?

I think for the Packers it's once they know that Love can handle the starting gig they can realistically look to deal Rodgers.  I think this could happen in the middle to late training camp.  Trading Rodgers late in camp if probably beneficial anyway .. gives him less time to learn a new offense somewhere else.