Day 2 NFL Draft Discussion

zelbell

I was just thinking about this, but I wonder if GMs have ever been swindled by a bust simply because they were really nice and contributing members to their community. Like a guy being overdrafted because he remembered the HC's mother's name. 

• Like 1

I have a crazy thought.  Yeah yeah, I know I never have those. Are the New York football Giants convinced that Daniel Jones is there a guy? They added an extra first round pick, so would have two next year and then he additional Wednesday would need to give up, maybe they use those to go get Watson?Yeah yeah, I know I never have those. Are the New York football Giants convinced that Daniel Jones is there a guy? They added an extra first round pick, so would have two next year and then he additional ones they would need to give up, maybe they use those to go get Watson?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm not even kidding but this conversation is almost enough for me to watch it. There's no way it's good enough for you to have this strong of feelings about this movie. 

No I just call **** out like if you were an actual browns. People wanted to see the front office be better. Costner had the choice between us and the bills for the movie. Lol we were way worse so he gave it to us. Glad you’re out here slaying movies. He did us fans a favor for the first time in a long time. Somebody put the win totals over the past ten years for this guy. Your offense is being defensive. Try harder. Glad you’re a movie critic though. 

32 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

So wait you watched a fictional movie and was expecting it to be realistic? Lol it’s a movie. If it said at the beginning of the movie “this is based off real events” I would get your arguments. It was enjoyable to watch.

Gonna push back here: just because something is fictional doesn't mean viewers are going to be happy with poor overall script, underdeveloped characters, some dumb plot choices (all that for an RB...), slamming plot points like the Seahawks potential trade that then surprised no one etc. Those points are generally what folks are getting at when they say a movie isn't "realistic".

tl;dr we all love credible movies with miraculous events

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I was just thinking about this, but I wonder if GMs have ever been swindled by a bust simply because they were really nice and contributing members to their community. Like a guy being overdrafted because he remembered the HC's mother's name. 

The Eagles drafted a 27 year-old guard in the first round a few years ago.

Just now, Don Roshi said:

The Eagles drafted a 27 year-old guard in the first round a few years ago.

Edit: He was also a firefighter. The whole point of this post.

Edit edit: I can't internet apparently.

Edited by Don Roshi

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is a guy named Benjamin St-Juste taken above Shaun Wade.....what a time to be alive.

Shaun Wade is slot only. St. Juste is a 6'3.5 210 physical freak at outside corner. Two totally different positions.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Gonna push back here: just because something is fictional doesn't mean viewers are going to be happy with poor overall script, underdeveloped characters, some dumb plot choices (all that for an RB...), slamming plot points like the Seahawks potential trade that then surprised no one etc. Those points are generally what folks are getting at when they say a movie isn't "realistic".

tl;dr we all love credible movies with miraculous events

The point of fiction is to not be real. 

5 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

No I just call **** out like if you were an actual browns. People wanted to see the front office be better. Costner had the choice between us and the bills for the movie. Lol we were way worse so he gave it to us. Glad you’re out here slaying movies. He did us fans a favor for the first time in a long time. Somebody put the win totals over the past ten years for this guy. Your offense is being defensive. Try harder. Glad you’re a movie critic though. 

Are you for real? All I did was say the movie is unrealistic lol

Chill out. I promise not to say anything bad about your Big Strong Daddy Kevin Costner again. Besides, Waterworld is sick.