Gutey or Rodgers?

VonKarman

Gutey or Rodgers?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Damn. The guy's living a charmed life.
He gets a four year (?) extension when he's got two years left on his contract.
Then he gets a two year extension to that extension when he's got three years left on it.

I get the "quality of play" aspects - I dont think GB will move off him when/if he's playing at this level....but, just saying.

These are not easy times. Love, Covid, Rodger's "resurgence". A Perfect Storm. 

11 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I’m shocked at these poll results by the way- 83% Gutekunst?  I really think this could have been a huge miscalculation on Rodgers part.

He certainly isn't helping his legacy.  If he openly demands a trade out of GB and badmouths the organization it could have an effect of seeing #12 retired someday.  Dont blow it now with petty stuff.

I was all in with Gute until I heard the rumors that the coaches don't get much say in the draft process. Still with Gute, but some lean towards Rodger's now. Gotta communicate with your staff to find the kind of guys they're looking for. 

4 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

I was all in with Gute until I heard the rumors that the coaches don't get much say in the draft process. Still with Gute, but some lean towards Rodger's now. Gotta communicate with your staff to find the kind of guys they're looking for. 

"Rumors" is the key word, there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HyponGrey said:

I haven't heard that. Gute and MLF always talk about the communication they have. Of course MLF won't be in the draft room, but his voice is heard. Hell Amari was hand picked for MLF and Gute pretty much said so

3 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Brady lobbied hard for Gronk. Arians obliged. How'd that work out? 

There's a long and dusty stretch of road that separates "listening to your QBs opinion on a player he played with" and "informing your QB on draft picks". 

Let's ask a hypothetical scenario: Gute tells Rodgers that he's looking at drafting a QB in 2020. There's absolutely no guarantee that Rodgers doesn't leak it in the hopes that other teams leap us and prevent us from drafting one. There's absolutely nothing stopping him from demanding a trade then and there. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

Rumors that sound rather silly iyam.  I find it very difficult to believe MLF doesn't get much say.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's a long and dusty stretch of road that separates "listening to your QBs opinion on a player he played with" and "informing your QB on draft picks". 

Let's ask a hypothetical scenario: Gute tells Rodgers that he's looking at drafting a QB in 2020. There's absolutely no guarantee that Rodgers doesn't leak it in the hopes that other teams leap us and prevent us from drafting one. There's absolutely nothing stopping him from demanding a trade then and there. 

The way Gute tells it, he didn't even know he was taking a QB. It seemed to be series of circumstances before he decided to target Love. I can't blame the guy for not thinking about Rodgers during that time. Rodgers should stick with "I'll just beat out anyone they bring in."

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I haven't heard that. Gute and MLF always talk about the communication they have. Of course MLF won't be in the draft room, but his voice is heard. Hell Amari was hand picked for MLF and Gute pretty much said so

Is it true LaFleur isn’t in the draft room?  That seems like that’s pretty stupid for the GM and coach not to be sitting next to each other on draft day...

7 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Is it true LaFleur isn’t in the draft room?  That seems like that’s pretty stupid for the GM and coach not to be sitting next to each other on draft day...

I'm sure someone will chime in. Maybe I'm having a brain fart about him in the room.

Edit - brain fart it is - I googled it and there was a pic of MLF with Gute - my bad

Edited by cannondale

21 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Why?

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I’m shocked at these poll results by the way- 83% Gutekunst?  I really think this could have been a huge miscalculation on Rodgers part.

There's a big difference between "I really don't like my boss" and "I really don't like my boss, thus you should fire them and/or find me a different boss."

One is normal, the other is truly bizarre entitlement.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There's a big difference between "I really don't like my boss" and "I really don't like my boss, thus you should fire them and/or find me a different boss."

One is normal, the other is truly bizarre entitlement.

Out of all the noise that I am choosing to ignore, that's the one I'm not buying most. Rodgers has to know that's like putting a gun to his own head in every way, shape and form. He's too cunning for that. 

I’m not going to trust the guy who (perhaps rightfully) cut his family out of his life to not just cut the Packers out of his life too. If we let Gutey go, what’s to say he doesn’t just say “eh, you know, that’s not good enough for me, you all let this happen to me in the first place, I’m done here”?

I love the guy, but he’s as tunnel-visioned and ruthless as they come, personality-wise. There could be no amount of anything that gets him back, for all we know.