2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Demovsky just took Burks at 22. 

If the Packers make that pick I'll trust them .. they've had the kid in for a visit and should have a pretty good idea of what makes him tick.  I was really high on him early on.  Super nice production in the SEC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

That's okay....we're gonna select Pickens @ 28  LOL

And maybe im wrong but everything I've seen and heard leads me to believe were not desperate and unless there's a serious run in the mid 20s on the WRs there's gonna be somebody left from that group at 28. If we have to maybe move up a couple picks from 28 in dont see that being too difficult either.

I'm being turned off more and more with Burks.

First of all...the oft repeated Deebo Samuel comparison. I just DONT see it. Deebo is more agile and much faster. Burks isn't going to do the same thing with any regularity. Samuel has that slight shift in him where it causes the first tackler to bounce off him before he accelerates away. Burks doesnt have that, he instead plows through the defender before attempting to accelerate away. In the NFL that just means he's easier to tackle. His game is far far closer to Shenault.

Secondly he does line up in slot quite often. We dont want that, we want a true outside WR. He does have the size for it and has shown some flashes doing it but there's not enough tape to be fully confident he could make a full time transition to that role.

I like him and he can be a good fit for our offence but he's not quite the fit I think we're looking for. I strongly suspect someone like Pickens will be the type of WR the Packers will target.

Anyway I did a 4 round fanspeak mock and decided to mix it up a little so I picked Travis Jones at 22 (oh noes another Jones! Yuck!). Is that too early?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Chiefs just went Daxton/Pickens back to back. Would make for an interesting comparison over the next few years to our picks.

Not that it means much....but I didnt like Cine going to TPA.

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm being turned off more and more with Burks.

First of all...the oft repeated Deebo Samuel comparison. I just DONT see it. Deebo is more agile and much faster. Burks isn't going to do the same thing with any regularity. Samuel has that slight shift in him where it causes the first tackler to bounce off him before he accelerates away. Burks doesnt have that, he instead plows through the defender before attempting to accelerate away. In the NFL that just means he's easier to tackle. His game is far far closer to Shenault.

Secondly he does line up in slot quite often. We dont want that, we want a true outside WR. He does have the size for it and has shown some flashes doing it but there's not enough tape to be fully confident he could make a full time transition to that role.

I like him and he can be a good fit for our offence but he's not quite the fit I think we're looking for. I strongly suspect someone like Pickens will be the type of WR the Packers will target.

Anyway I did a 4 round fanspeak mock and decided to mix it up a little so I picked Travis Jones at 22 (oh noes another Jones! Yuck!). Is that too early?

Different comp: A smaller version DK - who came out of college not renowned for his route running, smarts etc - more of a physical specimen - who's game has rounded out at the next level.

I think Burks has the physicality to make things happen.

• Like 1

I was thinking about the basketball analogy the Packers said about their WRs. If Lazard is the power forward then wouldn't they be looking for their point guard? in other words smaller, faster, shiftier? Olave and Dotson for example?

That would rule out Burks, Watson, London, Pickens if we take their word at face value.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I was thinking about the basketball analogy the Packers said about their WRs. If Lazard is the power forward then wouldn't they be looking for their point guard? in other words smaller, faster, shiftier? Olave and Dotson for example?

That would rule out Burks, Watson, London, Pickens if we take their word at face value.

lazard is the PF

Cobb is the aging veteran chasing a ring

Rodgers is the D league 2 way contract

Watkins is ???

Still lots of options to fill for that BB analogy

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Rodgers is your PG. Watkins is your SG. _____ is your SF. Lazard is your PF. Tonyan is your C. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Different comp: A smaller version DK - who came out of college not renowned for his route running, smarts etc - more of a physical specimen - who's game has rounded out at the next level.

I think Burks has the physicality to make things happen.

2 tenths slower in the 40 though. That’s huge. 

Edited by MantyWrestler