2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

10 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If we gathered up all the WRs taller than 6' who weigh more than 195lbs for a group photo, but shot them instead, Gute would then take a short skinny guy right ???

Are you also gathering up TEs? Because he could just covert them…

43 minutes ago, Chili said:

I was thinking about the basketball analogy the Packers said about their WRs. If Lazard is the power forward then wouldn't they be looking for their point guard? in other words smaller, faster, shiftier? Olave and Dotson for example?

That would rule out Burks, Watson, London, Pickens if we take their word at face value.

Wouldn't that be Amari?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Different comp: A smaller version DK - who came out of college not renowned for his route running, smarts etc - more of a physical specimen - who's game has rounded out at the next level.

I think Burks has the physicality to make things happen.

I like Burks, but I think the comparison is more with Alshon Jeffrey or Alquon Boldin. Power guys who don't have DK's speed.

It wouldn't surprise me if Cine is the pick at #22.  He's be perfect in the Packers D.  Top Edge guys will probably be gone.  WR's might be as well.  I'll bet Cine is rated pretty damn high on the Packers board.  Fast as hell and likes to hit. 

Don't think the Packers will trade up from #22.  If they did it would have to be for a top guy like Hamilton or Thibodeaux.  Some inexplicable top talent that slides.  Don't think it would be for a WR.   

Think at #28 they might stand pat and take a highly rated WR like Pickens which would make Leader very happy.  

Cine and Pickens yah think I'd like that just fine. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

I like Burks, but I think the comparison is more with Alshon Jeffrey or Alquon Boldin. Power guys who don't have DK's speed.

Yep, he's not DK. His size, speed, and ball skills are very similar to Dez Bryant coming out of college.

Heh heh, I think I've now been trained that everybody is bad.  All the WR are WR which is bad positional value, plus not only are they WR but they are also either too skinny (Olave) or too small (Dotson) or too dumb (Burks) or too stiff or too old (Watson).  Karl is too stiff.  Davis is too slow and just a 2-down local-area body.  Penning is too penalty-oriented and lacks nuance.  

Everybody is going to be disappointing!  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, craig said:

Heh heh, I think I've now been trained that everybody is bad.  All the WR are WR which is bad positional value, plus not only are they WR but they are also either too skinny (Olave) or too small (Dotson) or too dumb (Burks) or too stiff or too old (Watson).  Karl is too stiff.  Davis is too slow and just a 2-down local-area body.  Penning is too penalty-oriented and lacks nuance.  

Might I interest you in a nice Alec Pierce? Not skinny as he is over 200 lbs, not small standing at 6’3”, not too dumb as he is an engineering major, not old as he is 21. I’m sure some might say he is stiff though… but he grew up a a packers  fan

• Like 1

I can't be the only one amused by the "GB needs to trade up for a WR" narrative when a couple days ago these same talking heads were pushing the idea that all of these WR's are flawed and project to WR2 at the next level.

Edited by Mazrimiv

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I can't be the only one amused by the "GB needs to trade up for a WR" narrative when a couple days ago these same talking heads were pushing the idea that all of these WR's are flawed and project to WR2 at the next level.

I'm amused by all the different thoughts/ideas on who the Packers will or will not be drafting and what pick/round.  There's NO doubt Gute will have a trick or two up his sleeve.  The draft can't come soon enough .. let the peeing and moaning and clapping and yelling begin!

8 hours ago, craig said:

Being perennially disappointed in who we draft is a tale as old as time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Green19 said:

Might I interest you in a nice Alec Pierce? ..., not too dumb as he is an engineering major… 

If the Packers have a valuation formula, I wonder what the weights are for the non-combine personality factors?  Intelligence-vs-dumb score?  Selfish-unselfish?  Motor in-game?  Drive out-of-game?  Stability/anger personality score?   

13 minutes ago, craig said:

If the Packers have a valuation formula, I wonder what the weights are for the non-combine personality factors?  Intelligence-vs-dumb score?  Selfish-unselfish?  Motor in-game?  Drive out-of-game?  Stability/anger personality score?   

a0 + a1/2 + a2/3 + ... + an n + 1 =WR to be drafted by the Packers 😄

After the physical boxes are checked I would guess workplace fit plays a part. Stable, team first guys in the perfect world. 

Edited by R T