2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Probably not - hence my not wasting time on researching & rating these guys with any specificity. Odds on GB actually selecting them (?) - while not quite "slim to none" - small enough that my time is better spent elsewhere. I just want the best we can get for this position. The time has arrived.

Yah that's pretty much it isn't it?  Packers will take guys not on our radar.  Happens every year.  As far as Olave he may be dropping into our range.  Dotson may go first.  Be happy with either one of them.  Think Pierce is also in play but again Packers never take any guys I like.  Rest assured the WR room will get a make over.  Agree also we should have never neglected the position for so long.  No succession plan in place for Adams.  Considering that we need instant contribution doubt they draft guys with medicals.

A WR that probably should be on fans radar is Velus Jones Jr. from Tennessee as a day three guy. He is a 4.3 guy with a little size weighing 204 and would bring some day one help on ST's. Averaged 15.1 a punt return which was second in the FBS last season well playing in the SEC. Also had a 27.3 average on KO returns and 807 yards on 62 catches. Would make a nice 5th/6th WR on the 53-man roster. 

16 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I can't be the only one who thinks we should be broadening our search to pass catchers in general instead of just focusing on wide receivers can I? The TE room seems just as bare to me if not moreso than the WR room. 

Agreed. I'm all for a couple of those top options, and would be happy trading back from 28 and ending up with McBride. Ruckert and the UCLA kid would be solid with an existing second rounder too.

I wonder if the team is sitting on good news regarding Tonyans recovery timeline, cuz I've been counting on him being on the PUP to start the year and would have liked to see more effort in free agency to bring in someone more able bodied. It's rare to find immediate contributors from that position in the draft.

48 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I can't be the only one who thinks we should be broadening our search to pass catchers in general instead of just focusing on wide receivers can I? The TE room seems just as bare to me if not moreso than the WR room. 

Maybe I'm the only one in here who thinks Tyler Davis has the athletic traits to be another Bobby T. I'd be fine with somebody like Jelani Woods in round 4. He's big and athletic, could replace 89 in the blocking area when he retires. I'm not saying he's a great blocker now, but he's got the size and is athletic as all get out so he could develop into one. 

Not interested in the position before the 4th though. 

50 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I'm really curious how high they have Trey McBride on their board.  He's a decent blocker already with room to grow, Big Dog's not going to play forever, and Tonyan is set to miss like half the season.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Nope. I've started to pound the table for Jeremy Ruckert. He's a complete TE and won't cost as high of draft capital as Trey McBride will. 

Daniel Bellinger is someone on day 3 that makes sense, as well.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd love Jermaine Johnson and Olave in round 1. I don't think the Packers have ever drafted someone I wanted though so that means they're out.

I haven't kept up with much of the draft, but from the little I've seen, that is what I would like, too.

And if it isn't Olave, gimme his teammate.  

But I'd prefer that EDGE with our first pick, even if we gotta give up one of our fourths or a third to make it happen.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I haven't kept up with much of the draft, but from the little I've seen, that is what I would like, too.

And if it isn't Olave, gimme his teammate.  

But I'd prefer that EDGE with our first pick, even if we gotta give up one of our fourths or a third to make it happen.

Jermaine Johnson is only 14 months younger than Rashan Gary.  He may be too old for a Gute first round pick.  Those R-Seniors and the covid rules have this as an overall older draft class. Mafe is another R-Senior.  I like them both, but.....I'd pump the brakes a little because they've only had one year of productivity.