2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Romeo Doubs is a much better comparison to KA from a H/W/S and production standpoint than either of the OSU receivers. I don't think he's as good if a prospect as KA or the OSU guys but the OSU guys are just such a bad comparison. They are just nothing alike. 

11 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Cmon now Dan, you are better than that. He just compared 3 dudes to HOFers

The London - Johnson comparison is legitimate. Just for the record, none are in the HOF. I don't get the OSU guys being compared to guys who are 6'4, 6'5. 

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Romeo Doubs is a much better comparison to KA from a H/W/S and production standpoint than either of the OSU receivers. I don't think he's as good if a prospect as KA or the OSU guys but the OSU guys are just such a bad comparison. They are just nothing alike. 

Doubs is a vertical receiver, the comps for Allen's style in this class are David Bell and Justin Ross. Allen's a limited athlete, possession receiver with short area quickness over long speed. Doubs weakness is the short game, he's more like a slower MVS.

Christian Watson's measurables are almost identical to Javon Walker. Watson is a bit taller and has a better broad jump (Walker's broad was still good)--while Walker had the better shuttle time (Watson's shuttle was still good).

I thought we would be out on Olave and Dotson with their frame and run blocking, but I guess not with Gute's interest. Now I have no clue where we go at WR. I really like Garrett Wilson but I don't think he's worth a top 10 pick, and certainly not a trade up to get there, but if he made it to the mid-late teens I'd be interested 

Christian Watson seems a no brainer for us, but would probably be a trade down from 28 or up from 53 to get him. 

Edited by JBURGE

14 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Cmon now Dan, you are better than that. He just compared 3 dudes to HOFers

I don’t actually believe that Dan is better than that. I’m of the mindset that Dan Orlovsky is a complete tool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I don’t actually believe that Dan is better than that. I’m of the mindset that Dan Orlovsky is a complete tool. 

He can get a bit bombastic and over the top. Plus....when he's doing....whatever he's doing in front of the large screen projecting plays that he's trying to break down - he can get so wound up and rushed/excited I can hardly understand what he's trying to point out. Makes for compelling TV viewing for some I guess....now, more often than not I'll change the channel.

I can’t watch any sports media anymore. It’s so over the top, “greatest of all time” this “greatest ever” that. Speculation about the dumbest **** an athlete does must be he’s thinking this. It’s becoming TMZ. I’m embarrassed for my friends that get wrapped up into it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Doubs is a vertical receiver, the comps for Allen's style in this class are David Bell and Justin Ross. Allen's a limited athlete, possession receiver with short area quickness over long speed. Doubs weakness is the short game, he's more like a slower MVS.

From a playstyle standpoint the comparison I've seen a couple times I like a lot more for Doubs than KA is his old college teammate Marvin Jones. 

P.S. I really like when I see a decade old comparison for WRs since that's the last time I really dug into them based on our needs.

P.P.S. Doubs/Strong reminds me of Davante/Carr in the way that the first time I saw them I went in looking at the QB and didn't come out of it overly impressed but thought the receiver might have something. Not saying Doubs will be as good as DA by any means but I think he'll be a more successful pro than his college QB. 

• Like 1