2021 Season 53-man Roster Predictions

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

Bakhtiari will probably be ready for game 2-3 at the latest. I'm pretty confisent he'll make the 53 and not enter IR.

It does make sense to just activate another OT/OL those 2-3 weeks that will be on the roster but game-day inactive and then swap with Bakh when he's back.

Simplest solution IMO

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

Bakhtiari will probably be ready for game 2-3 at the latest. I'm pretty confisent he'll make the 53 and not enter IR.

Eh, idk. Have you met the Packers' medical staff? Deguara tore his ACL in the beginning of October and wasn't cleared to practice until the beginning of August. That's a full 10-month recovery, plus he's still ramping up to participating in full team drills, and hasn't played yet in the preseason. 

I'd have to think they are going to treat their prize highest-paid LT with at the least, if not probably more caution. I know people heal differently but I'm guessing it'll be a full 10 months before Bakh is cleared to even start practicing. He tore the ACL in early December so early October would be 10 months. Probably add to that at least a few weeks to ramp up (which is in line with the Packers' style) and you're looking at probably late October for him to play. 

Schedule wise, I'm thinking Week 4 (October 3) would be best case. Worst case, Week 6 or 7 later in October. 

I hope they pull him off the PUP list so there's at least a chance he plays before Week 7, but I won't be surprised if they leave him on it given who he is and GB's history of managing injured players. 

• Like 1

QB: (2)  Rodgers, Love

WR (6)  Adams, MVS, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers, Taylor

RB  (3)  Jones, Dillon, Hill

TE  (4)  Deguara, Lewis, Tonyan, Dafney

OL (10) Braden, Jenkins, Patrick, Runyan, Turner, Myers, Kelly, Newman, Bakhtiari, Van Lanen

DL (5)  Clark, Lancaster, Lowry, Slaton, Keke

ILB (5)  Barnes, Campbell, Martin, Summers, Burks

OLB(4) Rivers, Gary, P. Smith, Z Smith, 

CB  (6) Alexander, Ento, Jean Charles, Stokes, Sullivan, King

S     (5) Amos, Savage, Scott, Gaines, Black

ST   (3)  Crosby, Bradley, Scott

IR: Ramsey, Nauta, Thompkins

Suspended: Sternberger

After 53 has been established, Bakhtiari goes to IR and Garvin is signed. 

Edited by Brat&Beer
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Eh, idk. Have you met the Packers' medical staff? Deguara tore his ACL in the beginning of October and wasn't cleared to practice until the beginning of August. That's a full 10-month recovery, plus he's still ramping up to participating in full team drills, and hasn't played yet in the preseason. 

I'd have to think they are going to treat their prize highest-paid LT with at the least, if not probably more caution. I know people heal differently but I'm guessing it'll be a full 10 months before Bakh is cleared to even start practicing. He tore the ACL in early December so early October would be 10 months. Probably add to that at least a few weeks to ramp up (which is in line with the Packers' style) and you're looking at probably late October for him to play. 

Schedule wise, I'm thinking Week 4 (October 3) would be best case. Worst case, Week 6 or 7 later in October. 

I hope they pull him off the PUP list so there's at least a chance he plays before Week 7, but I won't be surprised if they leave him on it given who he is and GB's history of managing injured players. 

Minor technicality here but he tore it on December 31st. October 31st is 10 months. I agree no way he's starting week 1 - 3. Best case they allow him to come back early to mid-October. 

Brat, love your roster.  The one question I'd have is on VanLanen.  I kinda ask several questions:

• Is this guy close to being next-man-up at a position?
  • Does he have an important ST role this year?
  • Will he be on the active roster?  (Versus inactive mostly...)
  • Will other teams pick him up, probably, if you try to waive him and put him on PS? 
  • If so, would his level-of-potential be very hard to replace?  
  • Is his long-term potential to become a solid starter or rotation guy significant?  

I'm no scout, but I'd probably guess "no" in answering the first five Q's for VanLanen.  I'd probably guess the Packers to roster him only if they say a strong "yes" to the last question about the long-term value.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craig said:

Brat, love your roster.  The one question I'd have is on VanLanen.  I kinda ask several questions:

• Is this guy close to being next-man-up at a position?
  • Does he have an important ST role this year?
  • Will he be on the active roster?  (Versus inactive mostly...)
  • Will other teams pick him up, probably, if you try to waive him and put him on PS? 
  • If so, would his level-of-potential be very hard to replace?  
  • Is his long-term potential to become a solid starter or rotation guy significant?  

I'm no scout, but I'd probably guess "no" in answering the first five Q's for VanLanen.  I'd probably guess the Packers to roster him only if they say a strong "yes" to the last question about the long-term value.  

It's not uncommon for the Packers to keep a developmental offensive lineman on their roster. Van Lanen is that kind of guy. If he makes it though, it might be temporary. Under my scenario, someone will have to go when Bakhtiari is activated. Who that is will likely depend on the injury situation at various positions. 

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

It's not uncommon for the Packers to keep a developmental offensive lineman on their roster. Van Lanen is that kind of guy. If he makes it though, it might be temporary. Under my scenario, someone will have to go when Bakhtiari is activated. Who that is will likely depend on the injury situation at various positions. 

Going back to 2010, the Packers have only carried 10 OL twice: 2010 and 2017.  They've historically kept around 9 OL.  Not saying they won't carry 10 OL, but if you're looking at their historic numbers you're largely looking at 9 OL.  And the numbers are easy to see why.  Given that you're able to elevate 2 PS players, you're probably not going into a game with more then 7 active OL, so your 8th and 9th OL are likely healthy scratches.

Post Preseason Game 2 Roster Prediction: 

QB (2): Rodgers, Love

RB (3): Jones, Dillon, Hill

WR (7): Adams, MVS, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers, Funchess, Taylor

TE (4): Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara, Dafney 

OL (9): Jenkins, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Turner, Kelly, Patrick, Braden, Nijman 

Offense Total: 25

DL (5): Clark, Lowry, Keke, Slaton, (Free Agent)

EDGE (4): Z. Smith, P. Smith, Gary, Garvin

ILB (5): Campbell, Barnes, Summers, Burks, Martin

CB (6) Alexander, King, Sullivan, Stokes, Yiadom, SJC

S (5): Amos, Savage, Scott, Black, Redmond

Defense Total: 25

ST (3): Crosby, Scott, Bradley

Sternberger -- 2 game suspension

Bakhtiari - IR. Initially carried on 53 then put on IR. Packers sign vet DL after moving Bakh to IR. 

Notable PS Players: Benkert, P. Taylor, Ento, Heflin, Uphoff, Van Lanen, Winfree, Galaei, McDuffie, Gaines 

Notable cuts from last year's roster: EQ, Lancaster, Hollman (could see 1 or more of these guys added as vet PS players if they survive waivers)

Edited by packfanfb

Gotta PUP Bak.  Don't think there is a question to it.  He shouldn't see action until November.  Beginning of Nov would put him at 10 months.  Start against the Chiefs? Thinking 3-4 weeks is overly optimistic IMO.  Sucks he went down when he did.  Worst possible time for the injury.  Sure he is working hard to get back as soon as possible really think they should hold him out until he is fully healed and ready.  We need him for the playoff push no need to rush things.  Just pray Turner and Jenkins stay healthy in the meantime.  

22 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Gotta PUP Bak.  Don't think there is a question to it.  He shouldn't see action until November.  Beginning of Nov would put him at 10 months.  Start against the Chiefs? Thinking 3-4 weeks is overly optimistic IMO.  Sucks he went down when he did.  Worst possible time for the injury.  Sure he is working hard to get back as soon as possible really think they should hold him out until he is fully healed and ready.  We need him for the playoff push no need to rush things.  Just pray Turner and Jenkins stay healthy in the meantime.  

I prefer IR because it at least leaves the possibility of an earlier return, and more importantly, it gives him a wider practice window to get ready to play. If he's on PUP, that's no football activities for 6 weeks. Conversely, with IR, he could still end up sitting 4-6 games but can start practicing after that 3rd week if he's ready. Packers like to ramp their guys back up by allowing practice for a week or two before game action anyways. 

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Post Preseason Game 2 Roster Prediction: 

QB (2): Rodgers, Love

RB (3): Jones, Dillon, Hill

WR (7): Adams, MVS, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers, Funchess, Taylor

TE (4): Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara, Dafney 

OL (9): Jenkins, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Turner, Kelly, Patrick, Braden, Nijman 

Offense Total: 25

DL (5): Clark, Lowry, Keke, Slaton, (Free Agent)

EDGE (4): Z. Smith, P. Smith, Gary, Garvin

ILB (5): Campbell, Barnes, Summers, Burks, Martin

CB (6) Alexander, King, Sullivan, Stokes, Yiadom, SJC

S (5): Amos, Savage, Scott, Black, Redmond

Defense Total: 25

ST (3): Crosby, Scott, Bradley

Sternberger -- 2 game suspension

Bakhtiari - IR. Initially carried on 53 then put on IR. Packers sign vet DL after moving Bakh to IR. 

Notable PS Players: Benkert, P. Taylor, Ento, Heflin, Uphoff, Van Lanen, Winfree, Galaei, McDuffie, Gaines 

Notable cuts from last year's roster: EQ, Lancaster, Hollman (could see 1 or more of these guys added as vet PS players if they survive waivers)

I like it.  I think that we expose Summers, Dafney, or Garvin so we can put Bakhtiari on IR and keep Lancaster. 

Everything I have heard, they really like Ento.  But I am looking at the roster and trying to figure out who goes.  

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like it.  I think that we expose Summers, Dafney, or Garvin so we can put Bakhtiari on IR and keep Lancaster. 

Everything I have heard, they really like Ento.  But I am looking at the roster and trying to figure out who goes.  

After seeing Ento’s “tackling” yesterday, I don’t think it would be much of a risk exposing him to waivers.