2022 Draft Talk

swede700

Heard about the talk of Vikings trading the #12 pick and getting Kansas City Chiefs pick #29 and #30

Not sure, on paper it sounds good but 29 and 30 are way down there and pass on a guy like Stingley Jr, Jordan Davis, Kyle Hamilton or Jermaine Johnson to get one of these guys?  Or McDuffie even though I think it might be a little reach for him that high.

Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB  
Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska SR CB  
Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR CB
Travis Jones UCONN JR NT
Trey McBride Colorado State SR TE
Roger McCreary Auburn SR CB

I guess might not be an awful idea, still will be a hard call and my guess is the Chiefs want Jermaine Johnson or an edge that falls or Jameson Williams.  I would love Travis Jones and Trey McBride, McBride the best TE in the draft and Irv Smith not sure I have long term faith in him and they need another TE anyway.  Or getting any of the corners in Elam, Booth, Taylor-Britt and McCreary would be good as well.  Tyler Linderbaum could be around as well and would take him no question for a development guy and future center after they do not resign Bradbury.  

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Heard about the talk of Vikings trading the #12 pick and getting Kansas City Chiefs pick #29 and #30

Not sure, on paper it sounds good but 29 and 30 are way down there and pass on a guy like Stingley Jr, Jordan Davis, Kyle Hamilton or Jermaine Johnson to get one of these guys?  Or McDuffie even though I think it might be a little reach for him that high.

Kaiir Elam Florida JR CB  
Cam Taylor-Britt Nebraska SR CB  
Andrew Booth Jr Clemson JR CB
Travis Jones UCONN JR NT
Trey McBride Colorado State SR TE
Roger McCreary Auburn SR CB

I guess might not be an awful idea, still will be a hard call and my guess is the Chiefs want Jermaine Johnson or an edge that falls or Jameson Williams.  I would love Travis Jones and Trey McBride, McBride the best TE in the draft and Irv Smith not sure I have long term faith in him and they need another TE anyway.  Or getting any of the corners in Elam, Booth, Taylor-Britt and McCreary would be good as well.  Tyler Linderbaum could be around as well and would take him no question for a development guy and future center after they do not resign Bradbury.  

Given the age of the defense, I'd trade one very good starter for two good starters (assuming they draft well).....this team is really old on defense. If you think two of those players are around league average starters, I think you have to do that trade (assuming no QB is there they think is a future star).

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

It would be tough to see us pass on a potentially elite talent like Stingley or Hamilton. If we end up trading back, I'd imagine most of those guys are already gone (other than maybe Davis and McDuffie). If thats how it falls, we could do worse than the above - I think this draft is pretty deep and there will be good players to be had at the end of the first and through the second. That said, my fav trade back possibilities that I've seen have us moving back a bit and picking up a 1 for next year (Steelers (20) falling for a QB and wanting to move up would be perfect). I just think we we have a roster that will be somewhere between middle of the pack and great over the next few years, so we probably aren't picking at the top of the draft and the ammo to move up for a QB in the next couple classes would be sooo valuable, given mixed sentiments about Kirk and some exciting prospects on the horizon. If Kirk does prove he's that dude, the extra 1st next year would help us stay competitive as other players age out or become too expensive too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Isn't McCardell making an "impassioned plea" for us not to take a receiver? That's how I'm interpreting that tweet.

Yeah that's right but what i'm saying is if the top 3 corners are gone I'm all in on Williams/Wilson

• Like 1