2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

One thing I have noticed if he doesn’t go to his first target he takes a long time to reset his feet to get to the next target

First target gets designed open, target 2 and 3, you hope are winning their battles but our WRs are not doing that. We have some of the most unclutch skill players I have ever witness. Baker is unclutch as hell and the WRs rarely make a big play at all when it matters most. Like how nice of a play would that DPJ play would have been there in the 4th. It’s like no one on the offense can rise to the occasion 

I think it’s pretty telling which direction they should take based on this same conversation happening every week. He isn’t winning games by himself, his style has cost them games. 

Last week, they played just as well with a game manager at quarterback and without a running game. Take away the interceptions last night and they probably would have had a great chance of winning. 

• Like 1

Limbo land is always the worst place to be. Whether it’s the NBA and you’re a fringe playoff team missing out on elite prospects when you’d be better off being awful, or Quarterback limbo like where we are now. There’s not going to be a definitively better option than Baker without warts, and even then you’re trading a lot and hoping for things to come together with no trade clauses getting waived.

Wilson looks lousy right now and has a couple of good receivers but has an awful OL and middling at best run game. His contract is enormous and he’d have to waive a no trade clause.

Watson is probably a predator.

We are in a position to draft about the fifth or sixth best quarterback in a super weak class this year.

Let’s just run it back next year and hope that Baker is healthy and also be realistic about having a “move on plan” after his fifth year is done.

I actually like Baker’s attitude as a whole and intangibles, but he hasn’t gotten better against pressure, reading a defense, or turning the ball over since the day we drafted him, and that’s alarming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Limbo land is always the worst place to be. Whether it’s the NBA and you’re a fringe playoff team missing out on elite prospects when you’d be better off being awful, or Quarterback limbo like where we are now. There’s not going to be a definitively better option than Baker without warts, and even then you’re trading a lot and hoping for things to come together with no trade clauses getting waived.

Wilson looks lousy right now and has a couple of good receivers but has an awful OL and middling at best run game. His contract is enormous and he’d have to waive a no trade clause.

Watson is probably a predator.

We are in a position to draft about the fifth or sixth best quarterback in a super weak class this year.

Let’s just run it back next year and hope that Baker is healthy and also be realistic about having a “move on plan” after his fifth year is done.

I actually like Baker’s attitude as a whole and intangibles, but he hasn’t gotten better against pressure, reading a defense, or turning the ball over since the day we drafted him, and that’s alarming.

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco. You could include young Big Ben too.

If those 3 can win a ring, Baker can too. It’s just going to be extremely difficult.

Edited by candyman93

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco. You could include young Big Ben too.

If those 3 can win a ring, Baker can too. It’s just going to be extremely difficult.

Issue is why can’t the offense protect baker from himself? They did it for Keenum and Mullins, why not for baker? Did it last year in the early half of the season last year for him.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

his lack of talent

Wouldn’t say he lacks talent. Dude has great arm talent. Just makes really bad mental mistakes. Like he reminds me of Winston. Winston goes to a top coach like Payton and dude looks like a stud who eliminated the major Brian farts. Baker could be Brees, if he could play for the saints.

Edited by buno67

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Wouldn’t say he lacks talent. Dude has great arm talent. Just makes really bad mental mistakes. Like he reminds me of Winston. Winston goes to a top coach like Payton and dude looks like a stud who eliminated the major Brian farts. Baker could be Brees, if he could play for the saints.

Damn

That Winston comp is scary accurate. Both play low IQ gunslinger styles and are loud personalities.

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Damn

That Winston comp is scary accurate. Both play low IQ gunslinger styles and are loud personalities.

Like Winston was throwing a TD% rate at almost 9% this season and had a sub 2% INT rate. Both would have been huge career year stats for him. Sucks he got hurt after 7 games. Part of me shows that Baker isn’t the savior like he flashed like Winston did but also kind shows me Stef isn’t this offensive guru we hoped