2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think he’s destined to be a stud, but I’d rather roll the dice on a cheap shot in the dark than pay a retread 20+ a year to be mediocre.

Yeah, I suppose. It just seems like we're destined to be bad at the position again.

Even with terrible tackle play, Baker being injured and receivers who didn't put effort in or couldn't separate it still doesn't seem like Baker fits what Steph wants to do (be Freddie Kitchens 2.0). So I guess it makes sense to try to find a QB who fits your system instead of your system doing what your QB is really good at. It isn't like our coaching has been any better than our QBs in the last 23 years.

It just sucks that we're heading down that same rabbit hole again. I'm confident Baker is going to be good so I'm not thrilled about all of this but it is what it is. Maybe we'll have the #1 pick again in a few years and try again.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, I suppose. It just seems like we're destined to be bad at the position again.

Even with terrible tackle play, Baker being injured and receivers who didn't put effort in or couldn't separate it still doesn't seem like Baker fits what Steph wants to do (be Freddie Kitchens 2.0). So I guess it makes sense to try to find a QB who fits your system instead of your system doing what your QB is really good at. It isn't like our coaching has been any better than our QBs in the last 23 years.

It just sucks that we're heading down that same rabbit hole again. I'm confident Baker is going to be good so I'm not thrilled about all of this but it is what it is. Maybe we'll have the #1 pick again in a few years and try again.

The treatment of our QB has been Sacrilegious........

And if we trade our home picked QB, who's led us back to the playoffs through the Hue Jackson/Freddie Kitchen years.....injuries, Covid, and sub par targets....we are so ready to give up SO QUICKLY......we get whatever we deserve if we do this....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker has just said his good byes on facebook 

WOW...if this is true, I'll always be a fan of this Team....for some Strange Reason....but I'll see you guy's down the road a spell....

Here's hoping we win a SB....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

WOW...if this is true, I'll always be a fan of this Team....for some Strange Reason....but I'll see you guy's down the road a spell....

Here's hoping we win a SB....

giphy.gif

It sure is true. check out his IG or facebook. 

11 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

What happened to his self-imposed hiatus from social media? He couldn't wait until something was official to start saying his goodbyes?

Peace!!!

Pretty much what I would have expected from him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

What happened to his self-imposed hiatus from social media? He couldn't wait until something was official to start saying his goodbyes?

Peace!!!

They pretty much made it official that they are done with him…

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Brown's dumpster fire (@_browns_oc) / Twitter

Oh I believed you when you said what you said.....and I feel like this.....I have had a Fiance'....who I loved in a way I have never loved another thing.....People can do things to you that even though you are willing to literally to die for that person...but sometimes actions happen so server that it makes the situation UNTENABLE...and no Amount of Love and Devotion can fix, because its something that Breaks the Spirit.....and then you have to just love that person from a distance and move on with your life.......me and this Fiance (and no @NudeTayneit was NOT Courtney Browns Cousin LOL) Broke up..

I never understood @ditchdigger when he went on Hiatus for A couple years as I remember (maybe it just felt that long LOL)....but Today...this Day....I get it. Keep'em on their toes @LETSGOBROWNIES.......and somebody check on @cattleman78and make sure he keeping active LOL.....

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or maybe he’s just aware that the whole city is talking about the trade that may bring in his replacement 

Maybe…

damn I rather have my QB in a parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory than a massage table. Gonna miss baker. Just hope the browns screw this Watson deal up in a very browns way as possible.

dumbest thing is, reports came out that teams actually called the browns about trades with baker, why not do it when there were more teams on the market…