2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

It hasn't been brought up here (i don't think) but I really do not have an issue with him NOT talking to the media yesterday.  He probably knew that he was at a point where he might say something he would regret, and decided not to say anything.  That's a good move.  He could of easily gone up to the podium, and said all of the "politically correct" things, but sometimes you just aren't feelin it.  It was a solid move imo.  He is getting thoroughly scrutinized because of it, but who cares?  All that matters to him is healing, and playing better!

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Did you miss the point that no one knows or just ignored it. ;)

I’m chuckling at anyone who wants to argue we should move on from Baker without naming someone better that’s attainable.

You seem to fancy yourself a talent evaluator, so evaluate. Copypasta your “Big Board” over here.

I don't think so. Watch his mobility on the boots and scrambles. Watch the drops, velocity and follow through. If he couldn't do these things in practice/games he wouldn't be starting. Do you recall when he first hurt his shoulder and Stefanski said it wasn't limiting him in practice? He's banged up but it's not substantially debilitating, he can clearly still perform.

On one hand there’s the torn labrum and fractured humerus, on the other is your opinion based on assumptions.

Tough choice.

He almost served up an L to the worst team in the league starting a guy that's never played before....yea he's mad at the expected criticism.

Isn’t there a word for that?  What’s the synonym for an “almost loss”?  Anyone?

And yeah, I think anyone who’s booed when they’re giving effort at something gets mad at it.  Most don’t openly display it like he did. But, he was that same dude when we drafted him and it’s been a good thing at times.

I think the real issue here is that there's growing friction between what the coaches/teammates expect and what he's putting out there.

I think this is possible.  He doesn’t look good at all.  Same is true for Landry.

And as I’ve said, that’s every bit as much on Stefanski as it is Baker.

That would make sense if he hadn't ever had an issue of missing high before.

It makes sense with a history of it too. The harness can exacerbate accuracy issues in addition to other mechanical issues as well.  The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

21 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It hasn't been brought up here (i don't think) but I really do not have an issue with him NOT talking to the media yesterday.  He probably knew that he was at a point where he might say something he would regret, and decided not to say anything.  That's a good move.  He could of easily gone up to the podium, and said all of the "politically correct" things, but sometimes you just aren't feelin it.  It was a solid move imo.  He is getting thoroughly scrutinized because of it, but who cares?  All that matters to him is healing, and playing better!

I think it’s immature.

We all have to so things at work we don’t want to do.  The “I’m afraid I might say some stupid” thing isn’t a reasonable excuse imo.

He’s paid millions of dollars to play QB and part of that job is media obligations. I appreciate his toughness on the field, but this is another part of the “toughness” that’s required of an NFL QB.  You’ve gotta deal with the criticism and questions too.

I think as much as anything it looks bad for Stefanski too for allowing this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s immature.

We all have to so things at work we don’t want to do.  The “I’m afraid I might say some stupid” thing isn’t a reasonable excuse imo.

He’s paid millions of dollars to play QB and part of that job is media obligations. I appreciate his toughness on the field, but this is another part of the “toughness” that’s required of an NFL QB.  You’ve gotta deal with the criticism and questions too.

Would you rather hear the " I need to play better"  "The injuries are not an excuse" " Gotta go back and look at the tape"  Those are pretty much the simple answers that would have been given, and sure, it's not that difficult to do so, but I think there are times where you are allowed a "mulligan".  Baker, or anyone else, shouldn't be able to do this on the regular, but it was another game of getting his a.s kicked physically.  He was booed even while winning.  I think that everyone knows their breaking point, and he was probably there.  So I disagree that it was immature.

Edited by big poppa pump
can't spelllllllll

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Would you rather here the " I need to play better"  "The injuries are not an excuse" " Gotta go back and look at the tape"  Those are pretty much the simple answers that would have been given, and sure, it's not that difficult to do so, but I think there are times where you are allowed a "mulligan".  Baker, or anyone else, shouldn't be able to do this on the regular, but it was another game of getting his a.s kicked physically.  He was booed even while winning.  I think that everyone knows their breaking point, and he was probably there.  So I disagree that it was immature.

Personally I think press conferences are just about the biggest waste of time I can think of, so I don’t often watch them.

I just remember someone yesterday tweeting or posting something along the lines of since the return only Couch and McCoy didn’t do post game pressers and it was due to concussion/injury related issues.

If all 5,672 of those goobers, many of which had much worse games than Baker did yesterday can face the music, so can he.

I get your point about a mulligan, and I don’t disagree in some ways, but it’s a bad look given everything else that’s happened recently.

To your point about getting booed while winning, yeah man, that’s… whew… idk.  I guess you bought your ticket and have the right to express your opinion, but along the same lines I have the right to think you’re a basic af goober for doing so.

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s immature.

Yep. You make tens of millions to play a game. So do the presser. It’s pretty easy. Everyone even in their dream job has stuff they have to do they don’t want to do.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Would you rather hear the " I need to play better"  "The injuries are not an excuse" " Gotta go back and look at the tape"  Those are pretty much the simple answers that would have been given, and sure, it's not that difficult to do so, but I think there are times where you are allowed a "mulligan".  Baker, or anyone else, shouldn't be able to do this on the regular, but it was another game of getting his a.s kicked physically.  He was booed even while winning.  I think that everyone knows their breaking point, and he was probably there.  So I disagree that it was immature.

Some of the best hostile interviews 

Bill belicheck and Joe montana.

2 of the greatest who cares about there interviews what did Mayfield say last week

In his interview without going to youtube.

• Like 1