2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

So when everything is absolutely perfect, Bakers best stat line of his career is only 26 TDs and 8 INTs. That’s “okay” I guess.

I just think certain fans are doing what they always do when it comes to Browns QBs: Defend him no matter what. Come hell or high water, he’s “their guy.” Blame everybody else except the QB because they’re afraid of the reality that he’s just not “the guy.”

Interesting you get your wish next year.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, name the guy in this class who you’re gonna put your name on as being better than Mayfield in 2022.

I haven’t looked hard at this class, but I don’t even see a guy like Herbert or Allen who despite questions about productivity or accuracy and whatnot at least have elite physical skills.

Did you miss the point that no one knows or just ignored it. ;)

2 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

Baker is hurt way worse than we think.

I don't think so. Watch his mobility on the boots and scrambles. Watch the drops, velocity and follow through. If he couldn't do these things in practice/games he wouldn't be starting. Do you recall when he first hurt his shoulder and Stefanski said it wasn't limiting him in practice? He's banged up but it's not substantially debilitating, he can clearly still perform.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And I’m sure this is part of why Baker was frustrated and didn’t speak to the media yesterday.

I’m not going to defend that action at all, he was wrong for that, but I get it.

I put myself in that situation and I’m playing through what I’m sure is significant pain, trying my absolute best to help this team and when I’m struggling due to those injuries I get booed, at home, IN A GAME THEY NEVER TRAILED AND WON?  I’d be a salty mfer myself tbh.

He almost served up an L to the worst team in the league starting a guy that's never played before....yea he's mad at the expected criticism. I think the real issue here is that there's growing friction between what the coaches/teammates expect and what he's putting out there.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Other QB’s have said the harness he’s wearing tends to make the ball sail, which is what we’re seeing.  He’s missing almost exclusively high.

That would make sense if he hadn't ever had an issue of missing high before.

Lol 

This is like the grade school version of your mom coming into the school to tell the bully to stop throwing their nerd son in the locker. 

So cringe, the type of thing that if it doesn’t exist already, creates a potential disconnect between the guy who is supposed to be our leader - and the rest of the team. 

Insecurity seems to run in that household.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

lmfao

This is what you call a distraction....

On a side note though, I have been critical of Baker but what I will say is he is fighting his tail off to make this thing right. He easily could have given up, maybe we can make something out of this. He literally would get killed out there in order keep this thing on track, he gets points from me.

• Like 1