2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we first Stefanski after 3 seasons I’m prolly done.

Stable, consistent leaderships starts at the top, and that’s not the HC. If you want to change HC and staff every 2-3 years, it’s never gonna work tbh.

It's only a matter of time until we see "Fire Stefanski" threads start popping up.

Just now, DawgX said:

It's only a matter of time until we see "Fire Stefanski" threads start popping up.

much like Baker, who the hell do you want to the be the HC or QB. If we had the draft class of a lifetime a head of us sure. But we dont. If we fire Stephanski faster than we fired Hue Jackson, I might as well just support whoever wins each week. 

Berry and Steph have been great, we just need to iron out the wrinkles. 

The team IMO would be better if Kev was a HC and not a play caller, especially wit hte attention our defense needs. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

much like Baker, who the hell do you want to the be the HC or QB.

This is what so many “haters” seem to fail to realize.  I’m in no way invested in Baker or “all in”, I just don’t see an upgrade that’s not Rodgers or Wilson and those are long shots at best.

Saying “what not it” is easy.  The hard part is putting a name on who is.

Berry and Steph have been great, we just need to iron out the wrinkles. 

Yep, just keep building.

The team IMO would be better if Kev was a HC and not a play caller, especially wit hte attention our defense needs. 

I don’t disagree, I hate when HC want to call plays.

That said, I don’t think this is a scheme or coaching issue offensively. You can’t run this JV receiving corp out there and pair it with a hobbled QB.  It’s just not gonna work.

16 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Absolutely no one knows how good these guys will really turn out. You just make an eval and get your guy.

There is always another way. 

We need a better back up of Case isnt better than this. Baker looked great game 1 and a couple of other early games. 

Imo he will go full drew brees if he goes to the right city

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

There is always another way. 

We need a better back up of Case isnt better than this. Baker looked great game 1 and a couple of other early games. 

Imo he will go full drew brees if he goes to the right city

The right city is Cleveland. We just need real receiving targets (probably a quality FA and a 1st/2nd Rd WR), healthy Baker and better playcalling on both sides of the ball. 

If a WR is bpa when we pick, that would be great. Our receivers are possibly league-worst. Next year will be DPJ and some guys hoping to make a jump, but that's really it. And if Njoku walks/Bryant doesn't progress then we need a TE as well IMO.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

The right city is Cleveland. We just need real receiving targets (probably a quality FA and a 1st/2nd Rd WR), healthy Baker and better playcalling on both sides of the ball. 

If a WR is bpa when we pick, that would be great. Our receivers are possibly league-worst. Next year will be DPJ and some guys hoping to make a jump, but that's really it. And if Njoku walks/Bryant doesn't progress then we need a TE as well IMO.

More njoku and more bryant is all I hear. 

I like dpj he is a decent starter and great back up. 

Jarvis looked like he was going to  have a great year week 1 but then got hurt. I wonder if losing weight like he did made him prone to injury.

We have 0% chance of beating Baltimore with Baker next week. They might beat us worse than New England did. They’re going to blitz the hell out of him which is a nightmare combination since he can’t read defenses + can’t move.

With Keenum we might have a 5% chance.

Edited by candyman93

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We have 0% chance of beating Baltimore with Baker next week. They might beat us worse than New England did. They’re going to blitz the hell out of him which is a nightmare combination since he can’t read defenses + can’t move.

With Keenum we might have a 5% chance.

I’m not saying we’re gonna win,  it this Baltimore team isn’t great either.

The beat Detroit with a last second record FG, Chicago with a last second field goal, and lost to both Cincinnati and Miami.

We’re struggling, no doubt, but they’re not unbeatable.

7 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Absolutely no one knows how good these guys will really turn out. You just make an eval and get your guy.

I mean, name the guy in this class who you’re gonna put your name on as being better than Mayfield in 2022.

I haven’t looked hard at this class, but I don’t even see a guy like Herbert or Allen who despite questions about productivity or accuracy and whatnot at least have elite physical skills.