2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

My thoughts on this particular QB aside, I’m pretty certain of the following:

1. No QB is going to be capable of showcasing their ability with 4-5 injuries.

2. No QB is gonna shine with this bag of arseholes we have at WR.

3. Absolutely no one is gonna look good when both 1 and 2 are happening concurrently.

Baker is the guy next season.  That’s not my opinion, it’s fact given his contract unless there’s a blockbuster deal.  Give him some WR talent and see if he can stay healthy and let’s see what we have then.  I just don’t think there’s a lot to take away from these recent games other than the kid is tough af.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm in the camp of Baker not really being the guy anymore. However, something I don't think we've reckoned with yet is how there isn't really anyone available or going to be available next year at the position. We could swing a blockbuster trade for an aging star, but when you consider what we'd have to give up, combined with the holes we have all over the field, I think it doesn't really work. 

We're stuck. And our best bet is to IR Baker and hope that next year is the rebound year to end all rebound years. Invest early in a wide receiver and bring aboard a competent DC. Come whatever May(field). 

Issue with the draft is these next 2 drafts don’t seem All that QB friendly.

next 2 drafts there are only 3 QBs I would want to build around and that Malik Willis ‘22 CJ Stroud ‘23 and Bryce Young ‘23

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Issue with the draft is these next 2 drafts don’t seem All that QB friendly.

next 2 drafts there are only 3 QBs I would want to build around and that Malik Willis ‘22 CJ Stroud ‘23 and Bryce Young ‘23

IMO that is why we go with Baker. If therre was a Mac Jones at 15 or 16 we take him . 

These guys get economics. The ywatn to keep their jobs 8-9 wins that we get with Baker keeps their jobs. 

7 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

What Emily Mayfield said on IG today is as bad or worse than what Odell’s dad did. She called out the toughness of the rest of the roster.

they are both idiots. 

Baker will lose the team if he doesn’t come out and say he strongly disagrees with her comments. If he hasn’t already lost the team.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My thoughts on this particular QB aside, I’m pretty certain of the following:

1. No QB is going to be capable of showcasing their ability with 4-5 injuries.

2. No QB is gonna shine with this bag of arseholes we have at WR.

3. Absolutely no one is gonna look good when both 1 and 2 are happening concurrently.

Baker is the guy next season.  That’s not my opinion, it’s fact given his contract unless there’s a blockbuster deal.  Give him some WR talent and see if he can stay healthy and let’s see what we have then.  I just don’t think there’s a lot to take away from these recent games other than the kid is tough af.

Yeah, that's what the people who say we need to replace Baker don't get. Maybe he's the guy, maybe he's not. But there's no viable replacement for him come next season. Maybe we're able to somehow acquire Rodgers or Wilson, but that's unlikely considering how many teams will want those guys if they actually become available.

Just gotta hope that his injuries are what's causing his bad play. Draft a WR in round one and sign a solid vet and hope he bounces back next season. If he does, franchise him to make him prove he can be more consistent.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

What Emily Mayfield said on IG today is as bad or worse than what Odell’s dad did. She called out the toughness of the rest of the roster.

Baker will lose the team if he doesn’t come out and say he strongly disagrees with her comments. If he hasn’t already lost the team.

Not at all. Emily’s was emotional reaction. OBJ orchestra that. Baker got her to take it down, OBJ made sure he left it up. 

Outside of Myles, I wish our defense played as tough as Baker is. They have no problem look good vs garbage QB offense but put a decent QB in front of them and they magically turn into garbage 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

She didn’t say that.  She quoted a post from someone else about Baker.  She should know better but this is so dumb.  Also I’m sure OBJ had more issues than what was public

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not at all. Emily’s was emotional reaction. OBJ orchestra that. Baker got her to take it down, OBJ made sure he left it up. 

Outside of Myles, I wish our defense played as tough as Baker is. They have no problem look good vs garbage QB offense but put a decent QB in front of them and they magically turn into garbage 

If she retracts them and apologises for them I will believe that. 

Stefanski had better get his arms around this whole thing because this team seems absolutely lost at 6-5.

QB not answering media questions.

WR questioning why he’s not getting the ball.

DE questioning the DC.

All this while .500 or better.

This is arguably the least compelling victory I’ve seen in a long time.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That was the rumor anyway.

Then something tells me we won't know the veracity of it until Baker is either playing lights out or crummy next season and "What is the next move for the Browns with Baker?" becomes something that is being talked about by pundits. It may get discussed at length in the off-season, though. And yeah, if Baker was trying to hold out for more money, that would be super dumb on his part.

• Like 1