2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, TeHDruiD said:

He couldn't even hit Njoku on a 2 yard pass without sailing it. I like Baker, but we're going nowhere this year with him behind center. He's sailing the ball time and time again. You can't convince me it's not the brace. This isn't going away, what we see is what we get... it's not good enough. It needs to be Keenum time while Baker gets an early start on surgery.

We aren't making the playoffs with Keenum. like 15% chance. I'd guess Baker gives us a 40% chance. This version of Baker behind this protection is our best option.

3 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

He couldn't even hit Njoku on a 2 yard pass without sailing it. I like Baker, but we're going nowhere this year with him behind center. He's sailing the ball time and time again. You can't convince me it's not the brace. This isn't going away, what we see is what we get... it's not good enough. It needs to be Keenum time while Baker gets an early start on surgery.

He had a6'5" in his face, and he cant jump pass ATM. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Keenum would take 8 sacks a game, we can't afford that. I'm willing to risk Baker's well being and future contract at the expense of trying to get in the playoffs. That's what they are paid for.

I know it's popular to hate on Baker but there are a lot of top QB that have been stinking it up recently. He isn't alone. He is just the most damaged.

If that is the case then we need to address our back up QB in the off season. Whats the point of playing a guy 6 million if he only gives you a chance to win against terrible teams. 

3 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

I mean, playoffs aren’t questionable as is, but commit to Keenum the rest of the way and we’re toast.

He’s able to not lose you a game, but he’s not gonna win you one.

And if your think their arm talent is equal… lol.

I'm not saying Keenum is good but I bet he can hit an open receiver, something that Baker just can't do at the moment. It's not his fault, the guy is a warrior, he refuses to die but his production is brutal

Cody Suek: #Browns The 8.6 QBR is the third-lowest of Mayfield's career (2020 @ PIT, 2019 @ SF) Additionally, it was the third time the quarterback has posted a negative CPOE in the last four matchups and back-to-back weeks of negative EPA.

29 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

I'm not saying Keenum is good but I bet he can hit an open receiver, something that Baker just can't do at the moment. It's not his fault, the guy is a warrior, he refuses to die but his production is brutal

Cody Suek: #Browns The 8.6 QBR is the third-lowest of Mayfield's career (2020 @ PIT, 2019 @ SF) Additionally, it was the third time the quarterback has posted a negative CPOE in the last four matchups and back-to-back weeks of negative EPA.

I believe in Baker but he needs to be benched through the bye week. I'm sure his injuries are negatively impacting his play, but we don't know by how much. His labrum will obviously be f'd until he gets surgery, but giving him three weeks of recovery time may help his other injuries recover.

Keenum won't win us any games but he's capable of not losing us games either if the running game is going and the defense plays well. Hope he gets the start vs. Baltimore next week.

I'm in the camp of Baker not really being the guy anymore. However, something I don't think we've reckoned with yet is how there isn't really anyone available or going to be available next year at the position. We could swing a blockbuster trade for an aging star, but when you consider what we'd have to give up, combined with the holes we have all over the field, I think it doesn't really work. 

We're stuck. And our best bet is to IR Baker and hope that next year is the rebound year to end all rebound years. Invest early in a wide receiver and bring aboard a competent DC. Come whatever May(field). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm in the camp of Baker not really being the guy anymore. However, something I don't think we've reckoned with yet is how there isn't really anyone available or going to be available next year at the position. We could swing a blockbuster trade for an aging star, but when you consider what we'd have to give up, combined with the holes we have all over the field, I think it doesn't really work. 

We're stuck. And our best bet is to IR Baker and hope that next year is the rebound year to end all rebound years. Invest early in a wide receiver and bring aboard a competent DC. Come whatever May(field). 

I think we have to just treat him like a Mark Sanchez / Rex Grossman type. Build an elite defense and hope you catch lightning in a bottle with him having a Flacco / Eli type of run 1 year. Try to get a #1 WR in free agency, but draft heavy on the front 7.

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Yeah, I want to go

trade Hooper

Sign Njoku

jarvis restructure or cut

cut Keenum

sigh role players to fill gaps

draft a DT/WR rounds 1-2

draft a QB round 3-4 to put Baker on notice. 

draft another WR and TE and tons of defenders.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah, I want to go

trade Hooper

Sign Njoku

jarvis restructure or cut

cut Keenum

sigh role players to fill gaps

draft a DT/WR rounds 1-2

draft a QB round 3-4 to put Baker on notice. 

draft another WR and TE and tons of defenders.

There’s not really a QB in round 1 to put baker on notice let alone 3&4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

If that is the case then we need to address our back up QB in the off season. Whats the point of playing a guy 6 million if he only gives you a chance to win against terrible teams. 

The reality is I’d you’re not gonna lean on a guy like Keenum, you draft a high floor/low ceiling guy day 3 and put 5ish million to better use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeHDruiD said:

Well now with the heel and knee issues, the dudes feet and legs are out of whack. He needs to be shut down. 

it seemed like he was money those first 2-3 games. He gets hurt and it all goes to crap. He gets little bit better and healthier to a point he learns to throw with the shoulder and then he hurts his Heel and knee. Just shut him down for 2-3weeks. Shut him down until the Ravens #2 game. We pay Keenum top tier back up money for this exact reason. So we can survive without baker for a few weeks

Edited by buno67
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The reality is I’d you’re not gonna lean on a guy like Keenum, you draft a high floor/low ceiling guy day 3 and put 5ish million to better use.

Someone like Ian Book right now. He could At leasT make something happen with his feet.