2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Baker needs to worry about his own performance and quit lashing out. Just give some coach speak and be done with it.

The tone in his voice inflection on the “don’t reeeealllly caaaarrre” is that of a petulant child. Grow up dude. They’re the same people who cheered for you when you produced. It’s simple, don’t suck against the worst team in the NFL in the second half.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The tone in his voice inflection on the “don’t reeeealllly caaaarrre” is that of a petulant child. Grow up dude. They’re the same people who cheered for you when you produced. It’s simple, don’t suck against the worst team in the NFL in the second half.

I don’t doubt that he is playing an uphill battle right now and he’s dealing with injury which is affecting his performance. With that said, if you can’t get it done, you need to be taking a seat. Otherwise, if you are out there, you are expected to perform. You’re right though, he acts like a spoiled only child. It works in his favor when you are talking about opponents, etc., but you don’t need to have a burr up your *** against the fanbase or local media all the time. Criticism is part of the celebrity. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

This will be unpopular, but we need Baker in shotgun more if he’s really that banged up. We need a quick passing game that doesn’t involve Baker dropping back.

We have to copy Pittsburgh’s offense until Baker is healed up. We can still run the ball, but it’s gotta be RPO stuff.

Edited by candyman93

Just now, candyman93 said:

This will be unpopular, but we need Baker in shotgun more if he’s really that banged up. We need a quick passing game.

We have to copy Pittsburgh’s offense until Baker is healed up. We can still run the ball, but it’s gotta be RPO stuff.

I don’t think shotgun is necessarily a bad thing, but Christ almighty no more empty backfield looks.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think shotgun is necessarily a bad thing, but Christ almighty no more empty backfield looks.

I think you’re absolutely right.

I bet we start running more shotgun / RPO stuff if Conklin is healthy. It’s going to have ugly moments, but it protects Bakers health + allows a semi-competent offense.

I just don’t know if we have the WRs for it.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll point out again, these goobers were booing him as we were winning. Never behind in the game in fact.

The fans aren’t always right.

It doesn’t matter. Be a professional and don’t insult the ones responsible for a good portion of your paycheck. Stupid comment with no upside even if he’s right. It’s immature and childish.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

It doesn’t matter. Be a professional and don’t insult the ones responsible for a good portion of your paycheck. Stupid comment with no upside even if he’s right. It’s immature and childish.

Imagine having an argument to him if he was your spouse. His wife tries to make a rational point then he takes an unrelated cheap shot. This dude would be impossible to reason with and could never be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t disagree, just shut up and take your lumps.

He’s still 100% right regarding the idiots that don’t know when to cheer and when to shut up.  Not great timing, but a necessary PSA.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Imagine having an argument to him if he was your spouse. His wife tries to make a rational point then he takes an unrelated cheap shot. This dude would be impossible to reason with and could never be wrong. 

Yeah, that’s hard to even imagine…

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

• Like 3

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

This will be unpopular, but we need Baker in shotgun more if he’s really that banged up. We need a quick passing game that doesn’t involve Baker dropping back.

Easy fix, if Stef has to change the offense cause of injuries then Baker is too banged up and needs to be benched so he can rest up. It’s as easy as that.

30 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You just described the fight my wife and I had last week...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree, just shut up and take your lumps.

He’s still 100% right regarding the idiots that don’t know when to cheer and when to shut up.  Not great timing, but a necessary PSA.

Yeah, that’s hard to even imagine…

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Well if the only thing they can hear on offense is "Chubb" chants then they won't have a choice....