2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Obj: 1 catch, 5 yards. Rams losing.

1.25 yards per target. A little over 3 yards per target since joining the Rams.

He averaged 7 yards per target for the Browns this season.

Just as a reference, DPJ is at almost 15 yards per target, which is the highest number of yards per CATCH in OBJ's career.

To be fair, DPJ has averaged 14.7 yards per target in his career and the best single season for Randy Moss was 11.1, for Calvin Johnson 10.5, OBJ 10.0, Antonio Brown 10.0 (this year), Julio Jones. 11.3, Jerry Rice 10.5 so maybe it isn't fair to compare DPJ to anyone.

Desean Jackson averaged 9.9 per target in his career, the highest one I found so far.

The most yards per target of guys with at least 100 career targets is Justin Jefferson at 11.0. DPJ has 43 career targets.

Point is, DPJ needs more targets. Or maybe it was something about OBJ, I dunno I got sidetracked.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

By the way so far this game OBJ has the most targets at 4 with his 1.25 yards per target. Cupp is averaging 20.5 per target. Van Jefferson 28 yards per target. Maybe target those guys more.

Keep feeding OBJ until his myth of being good is dead. 

• Like 2

There is a bit of a pattern here. Surely all these football dads aren’t wrong about Baker?

Is it injuries or does Baker suck is thy question we need a answer to. But two chances in the 4th quarter to take the lead and not even one first down simply isn’t good enough. 

If it’s injuries he shouldn’t be playing. If he sucks we need to look at every avenue to get a better QB.

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

There is a bit of a pattern here. Surely all these football dads aren’t wrong about Baker?

OBJs dad was wrong about OBJ, he sucks.

Kareem averaged 2.9 YPC. 

What did he do to win the game?

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Is it injuries or does Baker suck is thy question we need a answer to. But two chances in the 4th quarter to take the lead and not even one first down simply isn’t good enough. 

If it’s injuries he shouldn’t be playing. If he sucks we need to look at every avenue to get a better QB.

Did you watch the final drive?

1st play and 2nd play I cant remember the order, but Baker is under pressure at the drop back, he takes a massive shot and throws the ball away. Jarvis drops a back shoulder throw that could have been caught.

on 3rd down, Baker finds Hooper, who drops the ball

4th down, pressure comes fast, he finds njoku. Njoku doesnt make the 1st down.

Had Hooper made the catch, he would have just needed to catch the ball. and it would have been a 1st.

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

he went after Baker called him scared to throw, 

dumb when he made some big time throws IMO

He probably is scared to throw, because his receivers will drop the ball. Even on his bad throw tonight the defender dropped the ball. Meanwhile I watch games where QBs just throw it up against great coverage and the receiver fights for it and makes the catch. We almost never see that. Watching the Rams game today OBJ did the same thing, just watched as the defender made a play on the ball (and dropped it). We lack aggression and that desire to get the ball.

• Like 2