Madden 22

4 hours ago, August4th said:

EA said they have 3-4 yr plan on revamping this game by listening to fans. its gonna be interesting to see if they keep adding stuff for 23,24, 25 etc... because their is so much more they should be doing by now

"We have a 4 year plan to get the game to where it shouldve been 10 years ago.    Eventually, youll get to enjoy 'revolutionary' new features like coaches, realistic stats and best of all...referees on the field!"

• Like 1

Just now, 43M said:

"We have a 4 year plan to get the game to where it shouldve been 10 years ago.    Eventually, youll get to enjoy 'revolutionary' new features like coaches, realistic stats and best of all...referees on the field!"

lol one of the producers was quoted as saying something like "keeping our head above water" when asked about adding stuff thats been in sports games for yrs. seems like they're finally gonna start fixing franchise mode, but they are so far behind that they still come off sad with these additions that should of been in the game a decade ago..its gonna take them awhile to catch up to what a modern franchise mode should be and they'll probably give up right before the halfway point in a few Maddens

1 hour ago, August4th said:

lol one of the producers was quoted as saying something like "keeping our head above water" when asked about adding stuff thats been in sports games for yrs. seems like they're finally gonna start fixing franchise mode, but they are so far behind that they still come off sad with these additions that should of been in the game a decade ago..its gonna take them awhile to catch up to what a modern franchise mode should be and they'll probably give up right before the halfway point in a few Maddens

Im sorry, I just have no faith in them to deliver on anything they say....at least not in a way thats going to make the game worth buying every year.   At best, they MIGHT EVENTUALLY get the game to a point where I am willing to buy it USED again.    

The coaching skill tree stuff is nice....but only if its done in a way that makes coaches truly matter and feel distinguished.       I feel like they will only take into account the stuff that effects development and performance, whereas they SHOULD be making coaches feel different by how they approach things like team building and roster management.   Obviously, this wont matter much for user controlled teams, but it will matter for simulations and CPU controlled teams....and thats a big part of franchise.  I dont have the time or energy to do 32 team franchises anymore.

Thats the biggest problem....the game has no substance.  No depth.   Most improvements are largely cosmetic to give the false impression of depth. 

I was going to go on a rant again, but there is no point.  It changes nothing.   The game will always be crap as long as they have kids and fanboys willing to pay full price every year regardless of how little the game improves.

Madden (and pretty much every yearly sports title) should cost no more than $30.   They whine about short development cycles and how only a certain amount can be done within that limited timeframe....yet they have no problem charging the same price as games that have been in development for 5 years and offer a completely new experience.

Anyway, "rant" over.

PS....**** EA and the NFL.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, 43M said:

Im sorry, I just have no faith in them to deliver on anything they say....at least not in a way thats going to make the game worth buying every year.   At best, they MIGHT EVENTUALLY get the game to a point where I am willing to buy it USED again.    

The coaching skill tree stuff is nice....but only if its done in a way that makes coaches truly matter and feel distinguished.       I feel like they will only take into account the stuff that effects development and performance, whereas they SHOULD be making coaches feel different by how they approach things like team building and roster management.   Obviously, this wont matter much for user controlled teams, but it will matter for simulations and CPU controlled teams....and thats a big part of franchise.  I dont have the time or energy to do 32 team franchises anymore.

Thats the biggest problem....the game has no substance.  No depth.   Most improvements are largely cosmetic to give the false impression of depth. 

I was going to go on a rant again, but there is no point.  It changes nothing.   The game will always be crap as long as they have kids and fanboys willing to pay full price every year regardless of how little the game improves.

Madden (and pretty much every yearly sports title) should cost no more than $30.   They whine about short development cycles and how only a certain amount can be done within that limited timeframe....yet they have no problem charging the same price as games that have been in development for 5 years and offer a completely new experience.

Anyway, "rant" over.

PS....**** EA and the NFL.

Name a sports game franchise mode that is better than Madden.

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I havent played a franchise mode in another sports game in a long time, so I have no idea.   

Last franchise mode I played that was better than Madden?   NCAA 2014....by alot.    Even Madden 12 was better before they scrapped it for the garbage we have now.

That being said, it doesnt matter. Madden franchise mode is trash, and has hardly changed in a decade.   Thats all that matters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I exclusively play offline franchise mode. There is zero reason for me to ever buy the game unless I want an official roster update. There are past mechanics that they've removed that I enjoyed and some that I'm glad they did. I get why they focus on MUT, but as a franchise player there is really zero reason to buy every year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I exclusively play offline franchise mode. There is zero reason for me to ever buy the game unless I want an official roster update. There are past mechanics that they've removed that I enjoyed and some that I'm glad they did. I get why they focus on MUT, but as a franchise player there is really zero reason to buy every year.

My point is that there isn’t anything better.  People complain but it’s still the best sports franchise mode out there.

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

My point is that there isn’t anything better.  People complain but it’s still the best sports franchise mode out there.

I'll agree that it's the best franchise mode out there. But without them doing meaningful updates, there is no reason to purchase the yearly product.

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So because Maddens franchise mode is SUPPOSEDLY the best RIGHT NOW, people should just accept how bad it is because its the best smelling turd?

Sorry, but this is awful logic.

I said it before....annual releases, brand popularity, legalized monopolies and online microtransactions have essentially destroyed ALL sports games.

Football is the only sport I follow closely anymore and is the only sports videogame I want to really play anymore....but EA has ruined that for me for a long time, because nothing about the game has taken a notable step forward in well over a decade.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'll agree that it's the best franchise mode out there. But without them doing meaningful updates, there is no reason to purchase the yearly product.

Well they did update and fix trade logic and the draft class quality mid last year.  This year they are adding some coaching tree stuff and it won’t be available at launch but they claim they’re going to patch scouting which has been an issue for awhile.  I understand the people who are like, hey I have madden 2019 and this is the same thing why would I buy it.  But the people who crap all over it, call it terrible, garbage, whatever, that just isn’t the case.

On 6/18/2021 at 1:15 PM, August4th said:

EA said they have 3-4 yr plan on revamping this game by listening to fans. its gonna be interesting to see if they keep adding stuff for 23,24, 25 etc... because their is so much more they should be doing by now

tenor.gif?itemid=12948907

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol, they all have their flaws, but all non-EA sports franchise modes are better than EA Sports. Especially Madden. It's been bare complete bones for the entire PS5/PS4/PS3 generation. Actually, I think M12 on PS3 was semi-ok (still meh at best) if I'm remembering correctly. 

The Show's Franchise and NBA 2K's MyLeague aren't great but they put Madden, Fifa, and NHL's Franchise modes to complete shame. Easily. 

Edited by BayRaider

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lol, they all have their flaws, but all non-EA sports franchise modes are better than EA Sports. Especially Madden. It's been bare complete bones for the entire PS5/PS4/PS3 generation. Actually, I think M12 on PS3 was semi-ok (still meh at best) if I'm remembering correctly. 

The Show's Franchise and NBA 2K's MyLeague aren't great but they put Madden, Fifa, and NHL's Franchise modes to complete shame. Easily. 

The show doesn’t even have online franchise mode, and nba2ks MyLeague has major major flaws making it a far inferior franchise mode compared to Madden.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The show doesn’t even have online franchise mode, and nba2ks MyLeague has major major flaws making it a far inferior franchise mode compared to Madden.  

Are you kidding me...? NBA 2K gives you complete customization and they implement it VERY well. Even when EA was "allowed" to do this, they have always been 10000% hot garbage at customization. This goes for ALL their sports games. 

As for The Show, I don't care about Online Franchise. Just Offline.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2