Madden 22

54 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So can a OC or DC leave for a HC job elsewhere or?

It's not looking like it right now.  That's what I was meaning by the lack of a carousel.  I'm not even sure if other teams will try to hire your coordinators as coordinators.  Right now, it's looking like there is no reason you would even change them from the start of the franchise, but that could just be what people are seeing in the beta.

2 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

It's not looking like it right now.  That's what I was meaning by the lack of a carousel.  I'm not even sure if other teams will try to hire your coordinators as coordinators.  Right now, it's looking like there is no reason you would even change them from the start of the franchise, but that could just be what people are seeing in the beta.

Beyond dumb but doesn’t surprise me. Also complete bull**** you have to wait a month for an update for scouting. Should be available during release.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Beyond dumb but doesn’t surprise me. Also complete bull**** you have to wait a month for an update for scouting. Should be available during release.

To be fair there was a global pandemic during the development cycle of this game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Game released on Aug 20th (17th for some) 

last preseason games Aug 29

final 53 cutdown Tues Aug 31 

Likely roster update for 53 man roster - Fri Sept 3 

first regular season games Sept 9 

I normally wait until the 53 man roster update to start my franchise, so waiting another week or so isn’t too bad. That begin said they keep reiterating “targeting Sept” for the scouting update so it’s not set in stone. 

they couldn’t get what they wanted out by the release of the game especially for many games on disk. So the update allows them to set the parameters at first for what they want and then fill in the rest with the update

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

To be fair there was a global pandemic during the development cycle of this game. 

So what excuses do you have for their laziness the previous 7 years or so prior to the pandemic?   

They are still charging full price for the game....so as usual, the "development cycle" argument holds no weight.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 43M said:

So what excuses do you have for their laziness the previous 7 years or so prior to the pandemic?   

They are still charging full price for the game....so as usual, the "development cycle" argument holds no weight.

I'm sure the pandemic didn't help matters in getting it up to snuff, but I agree with this statement. I haven't played the last two Madden's, but the ones before that were crap. 

12 hours ago, 43M said:

He's not making excuses for the previous 7 years or so.

Madden has been crap, we all know this. The issue is that at some point you have to give some praise when there is stuff going in the right direction.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

On their podcast they confirmed that a coordinator could be hired away as head coach by another team and you would get back 10% of the staffing points you put into that coordinator. 

Good!

12 hours ago, 43M said:

I’m not making excuses.  But do you want them to actually make changes or do you just want to whine?  Cause they are making changes.

16 hours ago, JBURGE said:

He's not making excuses for the previous 7 years or so.

Madden has been crap, we all know this. The issue is that at some point you have to give some praise when there is stuff going in the right direction.

First off, he has already made numerous excuses for them.  He insinuated we just accept franchise modes mediocrity because its supposedly better than other crappy franchise modes.   Now he is using the "development cycle" argument that EA has used NUMEROUS times over the years...which again, means nothing when they are charging the SAME FULL AMOUNT of other triple A games that have been in development for several years.  There is zero justification for this.   Yearly sports games are one of the biggest cons out there....and EA/Madden leads the charge.

Secondly, EA has a well documented history of a)  implementing features and then removing them shortly thereafter and b)   giving us very shallow experiences while delivering the pseudo appearance of being much deeper than they actually are.   So pardon me if Im not willingly ready to give EA credit for "fixing" a mode they have largely ignored for nearly a decade. 

Ill give them some credit when I know this isnt a one year facade to deceivingly placate fans and the features implemented are more than window dressing...which we dont know yet.