OTA Talk

RaidersAreOne

What are your thoughts on a player who sat out for COVID last year, then decides to not join in OTAs? I am not asking about whether it was okay or not for them to sit out during last year as the player has the right just like they have a right to go to OTAs but as a fan do you think that it is important for a player to get back in to a groove with his teammates during OTAs after taking the year off or it doesn't impact the player much if he is working out on his own and staying in shape?

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

What are your thoughts on a player who sat out for COVID last year, then decides to not join in OTAs? I am not asking about whether it was okay or not for them to sit out during last year as the player has the right just like they have a right to go to OTAs but as a fan do you think that it is important for a player to get back in to a groove with his teammates during OTAs after taking the year off or it doesn't impact the player much if he is working out on his own and staying in shape?

Not playing last year I can understand, even if the amount of players that got covid was less than many people said. But by now you should have tried to get the vaccine, so no excuse.

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One of the names I keep hearing is Ruggs. Apparently he's added 12 pounds of muscle this off season which is great because he was too light. His route running has looked more crisp too from reports. 

Update: Henry Ruggs has been entered into the NFL's Anti-Doping program.

12lbs of muscle in an offseason?! That's insane. Good for him.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

What's the reason for skipping OTAs? Odds are we don't know. Either way, they're voluntary.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

What's the reason for skipping OTAs? Odds are we don't know. Either way, they're voluntary.

Yes I know they are voluntary but shouldnt they be more important for those who took a year off to get back in there to start rebuilding the chemistry with your teammates that you have lost for over a year. Usually during injury you have to come in every so often for therapy with the doctors and trainers per contract agreements but with COVID reasonings you are away from the organization from the moment you opt out. Which is why I raise the question is it important for the player to be there during OTAs or should it not have an impact like any other player who didnt show up?

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Update: Henry Ruggs has been entered into the NFL's Anti-Doping program.

12lbs of muscle in an offseason?! That's insane. Good for him.

Honestly, there are probably no stories I ignore more than "so and so put on x amount of muscle".

It's the football equivalent of baseball's spring training "he's in the best shape of his career"

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, there are probably no stories I ignore more than "so and so put on x amount of muscle".

It's the football equivalent of baseball's spring training "he's in the best shape of his career"

12 pounds of lean muscle in 1 offseason (like 4 months) is impossible. The 'gained x pounds of muscle' line is always actually that the player gained x pounds, and some/most of it is muscle, but he did not gain x pounds of lean muscle mass in 4 months.

• Like 3