Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I hope we make some defensive moves. Sherwood and Nas are going to get eaten up in the run game and we have the worst core of corners ever assembled. 

Sherwood looked bad yesterday. He needs an adjustment year. Nas will have growing pains but I think will be ok. We probably need to add an edge and a LB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I hope we make some defensive moves. Sherwood and Nas are going to get eaten up in the run game and we have the worst core of corners ever assembled. 

At least with Wilson, we will have a lot less three and outs on offensive, and that should keep the defense on the bench. We are going into the 2021 season with our worst defensive team in years. We have no pass rush, only Q on the defensive line major question at CB, need one more LB. Just the though of starting 5,6,7, round draft picks who have shown nothing is insane. Our only hope is at cut time we can pick some veteran players. I am sure Douglas is trying to trade for help on defense.

I wouldn't stress about the defense too much.  We'll be in nickel most of the time so both young guys won't see a ton of time.  

Let them play and see how they develop. We aren't winning anything this year so grabbing vets to fill these roles aren't doing us any favors long term.

Our run game looks really solid so we should be able to control the clock and keep the chains moving.  If we do that we limit our defensive time on the field.

Hopefully they can play bend don't break defense.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I wouldn't stress about the defense too much.  We'll be in nickel most of the time so both young guys won't see a ton of time.  

Let them play and see how they develop. We aren't winning anything this year so grabbing vets to fill these roles aren't doing us any favors long term.

Our run game looks really solid so we should be able to control the clock and keep the chains moving.  If we do that we limit our defensive time on the field.

Hopefully they can play bend don't break defense.

We do look good on offensive in fact better than good, the only problem is THAT BEND DONIT BREAKs will keep the defensive on the field to long and much less time for Wilson and the offensive.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I think Johnson, Coleman and Carter will be on the roster.  Not sure if Jets will carry 4th RB but I probably pick Adams over Pernie.  

Most people who value production over draft status would keep Adam’s as well. We’ll see if JD values his ego or what’s best for the team. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Most people who value production over draft status would keep Adam’s as well. We’ll see if JD values his ego or what’s best for the team. 

Did Perine or Zuniga play at all against Philly? Unless they are hurt I found it weird two second year 3rd round picks didn't get playing time and are on the verge of getting cut.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jaylon Smith was listed as a player who might be traded for salary cap purposes. That would be a strong move for this team, hes 26 and a stud OLB, spot where we are really weak at. 

He’s been god awful in coverage 

• Like 1