Texas / OU talking to SEC?

Texansfan713

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

No further comment? You used possibly the best college football team ever to try and make your point here. SEC hasnt played High Level defense in a while now

I thought it'd be a chance for you to bow out with a little grace given that I assume most OU fans have blacked that night out from their memory, but if you want to try and pretend that giving up 7 passing TDs and a 50 burger in a half compared to scoring 14 points against starters total is mutually bad defense by all means dig the hole deeper.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I thought it'd be a chance for you to bow out with a little grace given that I assume most OU fans have blacked that night out from their memory, but if you want to try and pretend that giving up 7 passing TDs and a 50 burger in a half compared to scoring 14 points against starters total is mutually bad defense by all means dig the hole deeper.

Please continue to just spout nonsese. Not an OU fan, never have been, never will be

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Please continue to just spout nonsese. Not an OU fan, never have been, never will be

Great, then I don't feel bad reminding you that about 2/3rds of those TDs are the results of missed tackles, except for the one time Randy ******* Moss' kid was on the field and OU decided to just let him run completely unmanned.Ā 

OU's defense is hot garbage. The elite SEC defenses are filled top to bottom with first round picks.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

OU's defense is hot garbage

I dont disagree, never said they were anything other than that. Actually never made any argument about OU

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The elite SEC defenses are filled top to bottom with first round picks.

Sure they have plenty of great talents, but the defenses arent Elite, and havent been for a Long Time. This isnt 2011 anymore

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Sure they have plenty of great talents, but the defenses arent Elite, and havent been for a Long Time. This isnt 2011 anymore

Just because Alabama doesn't lead CFB in total defense doesn't mean they aren't the best defense in CFB or at least among them. And I say that as a Wisconsin fan, the posterchild school for an elite modern CFB defense by stats that is not really an elite defense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Just because Alabama doesn't lead CFB in total defense doesn't mean they aren't the best defense in CFB or at least among them. And I say that as a Wisconsin fan, the posterchild school for an elite modern CFB defense by stats that is not really an elite defense.

The SEC defenses, as a whole, are no longer Elite. How is that even arguable at this point?

They have come back to the pack, and others have caught up. This isnt Bama/LSU 9-6 or anything even close to it

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The SEC defenses, as a whole, are no longer Elite. How is that even arguable at this point?

They have come back to the pack, and others have caught up. This isnt Bama/LSU 9-6 or anything even close to it

It's not 9-6 anymore because its Tua vs. Joe Burrow instead of AJ McCarron vs. Jarrett Lee. That doesn't mean the defenses got worse.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:
4 hours ago, animaltested said:

Knowing the Big12, instead of doing the honorable thing and fold, they gonna add like SMU-Tulane-Rice-Houston and try to act like nothing has changed.

i hope Houston declines.Ā  The Big 12 already blew their chance adding us in 2016.Ā  They can kick rocks.Ā 

No need to hope, we've all witnessed their decline these past few seasons:

image.png

• Like 2

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

last time ECU was relevant I was choosing my dorm my freshman year.Ā  HEHE!

And? Probably a reason why neither I nor others have tried to tout ECU as relevent in well over a decade.

Meanwhile, with Houston... well, we know some folks run their mouth without backing it up.

• Like 1