Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given how aggressive Fitterer is as GM and how committed ownership there is to winning I don’t doubt Carolina would be aggressive.  Will Watson agree to go there?  Will that get in the way?   

The recent talk locally is that Watson is so ready to get out of Houston and play football, he'll waive the no trade for just about anyone. Football would be a distraction from his current situation, to say the least.

It doesn't hurt Carolina isn't too far from where he grew up and went to college - and I can see a guy like Matt Rhule sitting on Watson's good side.

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The recent talk locally is that Watson is so ready to get out of Houston and play football, he'll waive the no trade for just about anyone. Football would be a distraction from his current situation, to say the least.

It doesn't hurt Carolina isn't too far from where he grew up and went to college - and I can see a guy like Matt Rhule sitting on Watson's good side.

I watched a segment from one of the broadcast guys yesterday and the entire subject was that he was going to get suspended the second someone activates him to the roster.

Not sure if thats true, since the media is 75% lies, but it logically made sense to me.

In otherwords, Im not sure a new team is going to distract him much from the legal troubles. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I watched a segment from one of the broadcast guys yesterday and the entire subject was that he was going to get suspended the second someone activates him to the roster

I don't know who to believe, because I've heard opposite from several people - both nationally and locally:

We'll find out more once something is done, I guess. It's all a crapshoot at this point.

@ET80 if he is moved to carolina do you want the deal to include Darnold? If they move him to Miami do you want them to include Tua? Is Mills the texans long term answer I have yet to see anything pop out to say he has promise but I dont watch the texans that closely only saw a few games and I assume Tyrod is going to move on next year to a different team

42 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

@ET80 if he is moved to carolina do you want the deal to include Darnold? 

Honestly? I'd prefer former Houston Roughnecks QB MVPJ Walker...

Flex Houston GIF by XFL

I mean, if the Texans are going to bomb our, get a guy the fanbase can recognize. Those four weeks of competent XFL football was glorious.

@ET80If they move him to Miami do you want them to include Tua? 

I'm not that high on Tua. I don't think he's great, but I've been wrong before.

Is Mills the texans long term answer I have yet to see anything pop out to say he has promise but I dont watch the texans that closely only saw a few games and I assume Tyrod is going to move on next year to a different team

I don't think he's the answer, but others think there's upside to him overall; I haven't seen it yet, but I've been sort of not paying attention.

Between Mills' performance and a very thin QB class over the next two years, I don't think there's going to be much competition for Mills next season; Tyrod might actually return simply because this is an actual opportunity for him to start - I don't think many teams have that offer for him.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 12:36 AM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The NFL media so badly wants Deshaun Watson to play but I really hope the league front offices will show some integrity and not play him. My faith is low though.

i lost a lot of respect for guys like Rich Eisen at the draft playing stupid about this Watson stuff. The hush job is well under way.

The NFL will let the trade through...then put up Me2 advertisements. That's the stuff they are made of.

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If they let it through I hope the NFL gets everything it deserves 

they will just drop some more emails about a higher up or coach that is on the outs and media will fall over that pushing the watson talks to the side. The NFL is all about smoke and mirrors to avoid bigger conflict that puts them in the negative light. Throwing some schmuck under the bus for the greater good is their mentality. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

How the heck can the NFL allow this to happen though? 

Because nothing has happened yet in the legal system? Allegations are one thing - and I am not defending any of them. But I don’t see how they do anything until it plays out in court, if it even goes there. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Because nothing has happened yet in the legal system? Allegations are one thing - and I am not defending any of them. But I don’t see how they do anything until it plays out in court, if it even goes there. 

He will likely get suspended as Big Ben got 6 games (not sure if it was reduced or not) for one case that was dropped because it was violating NFL's personal conduct. Keep in mind Ben was not arrested nor charged with anything. Even if the allegations go away I would expect Watson to face at least this many games whether it is this year or next year.