Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

57 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So is speaking on a situation as if you know for a fact it happened.

Cool comment bro. I think we all know that throwing "allegedly" before post is only to stave off stupid comments like this. We all understand the situation and that potentially 23 girls are lying and he is telling the truth.

Do you feel better now that I qualified the statement?

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

Hmm...the Dolphins are 1-6. Closet Bills fan? Lol. 

Tua has been playing quite well this season, much to my relief. He's pretty good. Just wasn't sure after last year but with an offseason and training camp as starter, he made The Step. Whew. 

#32 ranked defense tho, this team is truly awful until that stat improves. Last year's defense seemed like a bright glimmer with hopeful future but in hindsight it appears to have been sheer dumb luck based on Fins getting a massive amount of turnovers.

Under the spotlight of reality this season, the defense can stop no one. No pass rush, can't stop the run. That final game of the 2020 season was a harbinger of Things To Come when the Bills easily dropped 56 points on the Fins...nothing has improved since that game. I've lost count of how many times DB Byron Jones has been torched. 

We aint beating Buffalo lol

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So is speaking on a situation as if you know for a fact it happened.

20+ women coming forward says that something happened. Watson himself texting a therapist "sorry about you feeling uncomfortable..." means he knows something happened too.

• Like 4

Im sure people will give me some stuff but Caserio is playing this well, right now. While the phins may be top interest right now it doesn't mean they have to settle and dump him right now. The dolphins price isn't as high as the texans want it to be and they know they can wait until the allegations are cleared up and they can finally know how much time he is going to miss via suspension. With a soft qb class coming to the draft this year the teams needing a qb are still going to be high so even If tua progresses in to something more then you're still going to have several teams out there that will be of interest. You got to think the qb situation in Carolina, and Denver aren't changing as they will be stuck with what they currently have. Steelers can be an option due to ben's decline and potential of retiring. Then you got Philly and NYG who have qbs but neither have turned into what they want. The market for a trade may be better than with his off field situation behind him. Unless criminal charges happen I do not see the league stepping in and saying you're banned for the league. He will likely get what Big Ben did in 2010 which was either a 4 or 6 game suspension due to violation of nfl policies then he would be cleared. So if phins don't pony up their asking price now they will get it from of these teams mentioned above

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Steelers. Send a first, future 1st and Najae. Big Ben...who cares.

That would be less than ideal for us, an outside the box though would be the Saints, and the Jets (yes the Jets). It would take a lot of stones, but they could do the same thing Arizona did with Rosen and see the writing on the wall and press eject while his value is still high.

14 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

It happened. We just don't know all the details. I'm not going to convict him in a court of law with what we know, but he deserves no benefit of the doubt in public opinion. He could have already put all the texts out there, as well as private messages etc. to clear his name. He is on that exempt list for this long without a peep because he has been in negotiations to settle and make this go away. He's not innocent.

Well count me in the small minority that waits until a person actually goes to trial and is actually convicted of a crime before I say he does something. I wasn't there so I have no business speaking on something that I have no intimate details on.

Chances are that could have very well happened but being a former high level athlete and know/coached professional athletes, women falsely accusing athletes for a financial gain is a very real thing. Like I said previously, I'm just in the small minority who are siting back and watch things play out before saying anything definitive 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im sure people will give me some stuff but Caserio is playing this well, right now.

This is the ONLY thing he's done well. Pretty much everything else is a wash or a loss so far. He's wasting money on NEXT years' cap for no reason, he's trading away low picks and then cutting the guys he's trading for, he's giving out contracts and cutting guys shortly afterwards...

I understand he was dealt a VERY bad hand, but he's actually making it worse at times.

The market for a trade may be better than with his off field situation behind him.

Another thing to consider - right now, the Texans have a $10mm cap hit associated with Watson. At the start of next season, that number jumps up to $35mm; So, it's a twofold situation, the market might jump up with more interested parties AND the Texans will be more motivated to move quickly to not deal with that cap figure.

Unless criminal charges happen I do not see the league stepping in and saying you're banned for the league.

Now, let's say criminal charges ARE filed, and Watson is looking at 5-10 years in prison (in essence, his career is over): Caserio was in the New England FO when they successfully filed a contract grievance in relation to TE Aaron Hernandez:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/patriots-settle-aaron-hernandez-contract-grievance

So - even if Watson goes to jail, Caserio can wipe the slate clean (even if he doesn't get picks from the situation).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Like I said previously, I'm just in the small minority who are siting back and watch things play out before saying anything definitive 

I was the exact same way - when the first seven came up. Then the number went to 10. Then 13. Then 17. Then 20...

There's an old saying: where there's smoke, there's fire. And there's a LOT of smoke (along with a text message from Watson to a massage therapist apologizing for it getting uncomfortable...)

• Like 1

Im curious about whether the NFLPA will step in at some point here.  Look I know Watson is accused of a lot of stuff here, but as of right now these are just allegations.  How do the Texans continue to both not trade Watson and keep him on the bench?  If they’re not going to trade him doesn’t he have the right to play?

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Im curious about whether the NFLPA will step in at some point here.  Look I know Watson is accused of a lot of stuff here, but as of right now these are just allegations.  How do the Texans continue to both not trade Watson and keep him on the bench?  If they’re not going to trade him doesn’t he have the right to play?

Deshaun Watson doesn't want to play for the Texans.  The Texans don't want him to play for them.  

NFLPA would possibly step in if Watson made it clear he wanted to just play, but as it stands now both sides are getting what they want.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Watson is content sitting on the bench - pre-allegations, he made it very clear he wasn't going to play for the Texans. Despite the allegations, that stance hasn't really changed. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:04 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Im sure people will give me some stuff but Caserio is playing this well, right now. While the phins may be top interest right now it doesn't mean they have to settle and dump him right now. The dolphins price isn't as high as the texans want it to be and they know they can wait until the allegations are cleared up and they can finally know how much time he is going to miss via suspension. With a soft qb class coming to the draft this year the teams needing a qb are still going to be high so even If tua progresses in to something more then you're still going to have several teams out there that will be of interest. You got to think the qb situation in Carolina, and Denver aren't changing as they will be stuck with what they currently have. Steelers can be an option due to ben's decline and potential of retiring. Then you got Philly and NYG who have qbs but neither have turned into what they want. The market for a trade may be better than with his off field situation behind him. Unless criminal charges happen I do not see the league stepping in and saying you're banned for the league. He will likely get what Big Ben did in 2010 which was either a 4 or 6 game suspension due to violation of nfl policies then he would be cleared. So if phins don't pony up their asking price now they will get it from of these teams mentioned above

Yeah, I just don’t agree. I watched our GM (Bruce Allen) do this exact same thing with Trent Williams and Kirk Cousins. Two guys that probably should’ve brought us multiple first round picks plus more ended up getting us two thirds and a 5th. Yes the circumstances are somewhat different because of how long Watson is signed but it does start to create diminished returns.

If I were the Texans and the Dolphins are offering me two firsts plus one player I’d take it and move on. Two firsts would go along well to helping your rebuild. I can’t imagine the eagles would have issues giving up two of their firsts in the upcoming draft as well. This whole stance of wanting three first round picks plus multiple stud young players is absurd considering the issues Watson is involved in. The team trading for Watson is assuming a ton of risk so the Texans have to understand how much this hurts his trade value. 

I mean, in our own forum I suggested trading two firsts plus Daron Payne and Antonio Gibson. I’m guessing the Texans wouldn’t take that either which is just absolutely crazy to me. At some point you’re just cutting off your nose to spite your face.