Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

11 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I agree. Tua is on a rookie deal. Even "if" they decide he isn't the franchise QB, or a shiny new distraction of an "Aaron Rodgers" or "Russell Wilson" type deciding Miami is the place to be arises, he is a cheaper and better option than Brissett as a back up QB. 

Jacoby is a 1 year / 5mil deal not the huge deal he was on in Indy

Gonna put this out there...

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/axel-acosta-astroworld-houston-lawyer-tony-buzbee/285-d4026093-1ba9-4e5d-ad4e-718a1d787b45

So, Tony Buzbee is now representing several victims following the Travis Scott/Astroworld concert incident from this past weekend - eight people were killed and several others injured during a crowd surge during the Travis Scott-headlined music festival in Houston.

What do you think about this in relation to the Watson situation? Will camp Buzbee now be more inclined settle, given that we've already heard about a potential settlement agreement and given the upcoming bandwidth issues with the Buzbee team? Buzbee is probably going to spend more time on the Astroworld case now; Does this mean he's comfortable with where the Watson case is now? Will we see an ending?

Discuss.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bump... New information circulating:

https://abc13.com/amp/deshaun-watson-search-warrants-sexual-misconduct-lawsuits-massage-sessions-texans-quarterback/11348301/

Houston police list the crime being investigated against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson as indecent assault

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As the FBI investigates Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, who has been accused of sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions, ABC13 has obtained three search warrants that were issued to access his social media accounts.

The warrant regarding Cash App allows investigators to seize a range of information, including transaction recipients, account holder records, such as history statements and IP addresses, a description of the transactions and the location of all devices involved dating back to Sept. 1, 2019 through Jan. 1, 2021.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Bump... New information circulating:

https://abc13.com/amp/deshaun-watson-search-warrants-sexual-misconduct-lawsuits-massage-sessions-texans-quarterback/11348301/

Houston police list the crime being investigated against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson as indecent assault

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- As the FBI investigates Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, who has been accused of sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions, ABC13 has obtained three search warrants that were issued to access his social media accounts.

The warrant regarding Cash App allows investigators to seize a range of information, including transaction recipients, account holder records, such as history statements and IP addresses, a description of the transactions and the location of all devices involved dating back to Sept. 1, 2019 through Jan. 1, 2021.

If you want an unintended horrible consequence of the Tunsil trade, I think the Watson situation is actually it because it's really starting to feel like they may get left without a chair when the music stops when it comes to Watson. 

If the Texans held their own pick in that draft with those QBs at #3, I think Watson could have been traded. They could have known they had Lance / Wilson / Fields locked up at #3 and just traded Watson to the highest builder to turn the page. Not sure if it ultimately would have happened, but i think not having their pick there made it infinitesimally more difficult. 

• Like 2

Important Note: The headline should read Buzbee Leaks 2 Month Old Warrants to ABC 13

This news is 2 months old. Any warrants were signed on October 19th.

Unlike having to wait for a deposition in a civil case, the police or feds could charge Watson at any time, yet...

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Important Note: The headline should read Buzbee Leaks 2 Month Old Warrants to ABC 13

Unlike having to wait for a deposition in a civil case, the police or feds could charge Watson at any time, yet...

The DA is waiting to see what the civil case depo uncovers, which is actually good DA/police work?

That's really not that uncommon. Gung-ho DA's are how cases wind up going up in flames. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

The DA is waiting to see what the civil case depo uncovers, which is actually good DA/police work?

That's really not that uncommon. Gung-ho DA's are how cases wind up going up in flames. 

From a football perspective, are the real take-home messages 2-fold?

1.  The Grand Jury will decide in January

2.  The charges under consideration are misdemeanor offences.    

Honestly, if 1 & 2 are correct, this almost certainly preserves Watson's NFL career.   And if the Grand Jury declines, it would open the offseason for settlement, NFL decision and then a Watson trade.   

The headlines make a splash, but the substance of the news points to clear progress timeline-wise. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Honestly, if 1 & 2 are correct, this almost certainly preserves Watson's NFL career.   And if the Grand Jury declines, it would open the offseason for settlement, NFL decision and then a Watson trade

That's how I read this - this now becomes about hiw much tolerance a team has regarding bad publicity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's how I read this - this now becomes about hiw much tolerance a team has regarding bad publicity.

Given the Dolphins traded for Isiah Wilson, signed Damien Arnette, and made a strong play for Watson at the trade deadline, I think we know MIA will play ball.

The real Q is if other teams follow suit.  Given what we know about teams with talented players, I suspect it will be a larger list than ppl initially thought.   It's the reality of the NFL that talent gets you more chances.  A felony conviction obviously changes all of that, but it sure doesn't look that way right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I am guessing this is assuming nothing comes out of the FBI investigation as well though? But yeah this makes the most sense. I always thought it was unlikely Watson saw serious jail time because the nature of the allegations are nearly impossible to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

If true, congrats to the Dolphins on your future QB!

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given the Dolphins traded for Isiah Wilson, signed Damien Arnette, and made a strong play for Watson at the trade deadline, I think we know MIA will play ball.

The real Q is if other teams follow suit.  Given what we know about teams with talented players, I suspect it will be a larger list than ppl initially thought.   It's the reality of the NFL that talent gets you more chances.  A felony conviction obviously changes all of that, but it sure doesn't look that way right now.

I think its a harder sell at QB to have a guy like this though.  I mean the QB is the guy that will be on the banners, the guy you want people to buy his jersey, the guy who's selling tickets. I think there will be some owners who say no to a Watson trade. 

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am guessing this is assuming nothing comes out of the FBI investigation as well though?

I've always heard (or - better stated - been lead to believe) the FBI investigation was about potential extortion charges against one of Tony Buzbee's clients in relation to the accusations:

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/deshaun-watson-rusty-hardin-lawyer-extortion-fbi-houston-texans-news-case-tony-buzbee

I could postulate, but this is the one angle I am really lost on. I truly don't know why the FBI is involved and none of the talking heads I know have a line into why, either.

• Like 1