Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

I've never seen so much intrigue over a 3rd string Safety. 

A year and some change ago, he cried crocodile tears at being gifted the 2nd biggest contract in NFL history. 

I really wouldn't mind if I never saw him play again at this point. I'm just beyond over him. 

Just Jake Plummer his @$$ and send him wherever and let him go play handball or something. 

• Like 2

Reporter: "Will you contact the Texans about Deshaun Watson before the trade deadline?"

Rhule: "I understand why you guys have to ask, obviously I can't talk about any player under contract or anything like that, so I couldn't answer that question anyway.  But I'm here today to talk about yesterday and this week." 

That is about as much as you will ever hear any HC confirm his team's intentions.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Reporter: "Will you contact the Texans about Deshaun Watson before the trade deadline?"

Rhule: "I understand why you guys have to ask, obviously I can't talk about any player under contract or anything like that, so I couldn't answer that question anyway.  But I'm here today to talk about yesterday and this week." 

That is about as much as you will ever hear any HC confirm his team's intentions.

How has CJ looked for you guys?

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

How has CJ looked for you guys?

I haven't really noticed him much, which is a good thing I suppose.  Everyone on the defense has played well, so kind of hard to stick out.  And Keith Taylor has stepped in and been very good the last two games (Henderson was inactive last week, but has played in the other games since coming here)

He did give up a touchdown to Coop in the Dallas game, but it was very good coverage by him.  Just a better throw and even better catch by Amari.  

Edited by iknowcool

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm just beyond over him. 

Tell me about it. 95% of why I want this to happen is so I can escape the weekly talk on Watson here in local media.

I couldn't care less about the compensation, I have zero faith that Nick Caserio will do anything worthwhile with the picks - in fact, I'm certain he will find a few more N'Keal Harry/Sony Michel types of players, complete busts and disasterous players that won't even make it through their rookie contracts. 

I just want this done so I don't have to hear about it anymore. It's been a LONG 10 months, I'm so tired...

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I've never seen so much intrigue over a 3rd string Safety. 

A year and some change ago, he cried crocodile tears at being gifted the 2nd biggest contract in NFL history. 

I really wouldn't mind if I never saw him play again at this point. I'm just beyond over him. 

Just Jake Plummer his @$$ and send him wherever and let him go play handball or something. 

I will not tolerate any Jake Plummer slander on this message board thank you.

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I just realized the Texans play the Dolphins on Nov 7th

Now wouldn't that be something?

It's at MIA, so far less intriguing than if it was @ HOU.

Also means MIA & HOU don't play each other for another 3 more years, barring them ending up same spot in their division (since this is their year to face each other division-wise).

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It's at MIA, so far less intriguing than if it was @ HOU.

Also means MIA & HOU don't play each other for another 3 more years, barring them ending up same spot in their division (since this is their year to face each other division-wise).

Standings say that might be next year though too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Standings say that might be next year though too.

If Watson actually plays in Mia I think we can write in Jets vs. Texans next year (I’m giving Jax the win with their 2nd game later this year).  

Rapsheet reporting Watson would NOT go to commissioners list if traded.  That’s huge for his chances at getting dealt.    For a team like MIA this almost certainly keeps them out of the cellar in the AFCE.   Jax - Hou 2 decides 4th in the AFCS later this year. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If Watson actually plays in Mia I think we can write in Jets vs. Texans next year (I’m giving Jax the win with their 2nd game later this year).

Given the Sam Darnold benching, I'm actually putting Carolina in the drivers' seat. They don't have as much capital in terms of draft picks, but I've always assumed the asking price Caserio had in mind was never going to be met.

I'm also getting a distinct feeling that those above Caserio (Easterby/Cal... and specifically Janice) want Watson out of the building, period. They have been steadily benching a few guys for no real logical reason - Charles Ominehu, Lonnie Johnson and Zach Cunningham are a few of the best players on this team, but each has been demoted (Ominehu is the best pass rusher on the team, but has been a healthy scratch a few times this season). Excluding Cunningham (who is a bad fit for Locke's scheme) these guys are the best players at their spots by a pretty big margin... and they've all at some point shown support for Watson (pre-allegations and post-allegations).

I think they're punishing pro-Watson players/staff as well as trying to isolate them from the "culture" and one move that will expedite this is getting Watson out of the building for good.

I'm expecting the Texans will get much less for Watson than what Detroit got for Matt Stafford - there might be a few conditional firsts to look at, but it's going to be an underwhelming package, all things considered.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given the Sam Darnold benching, I'm actually putting Carolina in the drivers' seat. They don't have as much capital in terms of draft picks, but I've always assumed the asking price Caserio had in mind was never going to be met.

I'm also getting a distinct feeling that those above Caserio (Easterby/Cal... and specifically Janice) want Watson out of the building, period. They have been steadily benching a few guys for no real logical reason - Charles Ominehu, Lonnie Johnson and Zach Cunningham are a few of the best players on this team, but each has been demoted (Ominehu is the best pass rusher on the team, but has been a healthy scratch a few times this season). Excluding Cunningham (who is a bad fit for Locke's scheme) these guys are the best players at their spots by a pretty big margin... and they've all at some point shown support for Watson (pre-allegations and post-allegations).

I think they're punishing pro-Watson players/staff as well as trying to isolate them from the "culture" and one move that will expedite this is getting Watson out of the building for good.

I'm expecting the Texans will get much less for Watson than what Detroit got for Matt Stafford - there might be a few conditional firsts to look at, but it's going to be an underwhelming package, all things considered.

Given how aggressive Fitterer is as GM and how committed ownership there is to winning I don’t doubt Carolina would be aggressive.  Will Watson agree to go there?  Will that get in the way?   

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Given how aggressive Fitterer is as GM and how committed ownership there is to winning I don’t doubt Carolina would be aggressive.  Will Watson agree to go there?  Will that get in the way?   

We learned a while ago that Watson turned down Philly.  I think if going to Carolina was an issue, we would have heard about it by now.

• Like 1