Rodgers is back.

Pugger

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

And I thought I was through with Brett Favre at the end of his Packer tenure. Rodgers just said, "hold the rubber band for my man bun and watch this!" 

Diva's gonna Diva! 

This is all Tom Brady’s fault.  And Bruce Arians.  I despise both of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's still a major disconnect between Gute/front office and Rodgers.  Rodgers says he has no input .. Gute says he has always had input.  Rodgers says they treat outgoing players like crap .. Gute says that couldn't be farther from the truth.  This season might just wind up being a perfect mix of crazy that helps leads to a title, or maybe more likely a big mess.  All told I wish the Packers would have dealt Aaron in February or March.  It's a very broken relationship. 

I think Gute is being honest when he says Rogers has input. It’s just that he’s going to do what’s best for the team anyway, hence the reason Jake Kumerow is no longer here. Cobb may come back but left for a bigger pay day then GB was willing to pay at the time. What Rogers means isn’t that he wants input. He wants to call the shots. There’s the rub. 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I think Gute is being honest when he says Rogers has input. It’s just that he’s going to do what’s best for the team anyway, hence the reason Jake Kumerow is no longer here. Cobb may come back but left for a bigger pay day then GB was willing to pay at the time. What Rogers means isn’t that he wants input. He wants to call the shots. There’s the rub. 

Yet AR said he loves the Packers, but he didn't want the three year commitment with them...

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Yet AR said he loves the Packers, but he didn't want the three year commitment with them...

Because if he took that offer, how could he recruit FA to come to GB with no cap space

Listened to Adams press conference... I find the double speak kind of funny. 

About giving players or Rodgers more say: paraphrase - I know they have had a lot of success doing it a certain way but for special people nothing is off the table and you have to listen.

About him taking a pay cut to stay with GB: paraphrase - heck no. When in any business do you do that? Take less then what you earn.

... well 2 things then. 1. You have a special thing in GB Davante and sometimes you have to have everything on the table and listen to GBs offer.... or 2. It’s a business and players play and get the amount they earn, and players shouldn’t take player personnel choices personally.

So the team needs to give on situations but players don’t... like just be consistent. There is either this grey area or it’s black and white.

Edited by Green19

7 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Seems to me before all this drama, he was asked to take a pay cut with the idea of clearing cap space....But nothing transpired....

Restructure is not a payout.  Extension was promoted a pay cut.  

I'm just getting caught up now. I thought that was, unsurprisingly, a very impressive and compelling press conference from Rodgers. It's rare that you see a disgruntled player under contract be so open and articulate about his viewpoint and situation. I can also appreciate where he's coming from on a lot of levels.

At the same time, look at the current roster. Look at the coaching staff. And then look at some of the guys who have left the building and what happened to them. Aaron says he knows it's a business, and I believe he means that. But objectively speaking, the Packers have done a hell of a job running a business and building a roster.

The thing that killed me about the Rodgers rumours all offseason (or at least since the draft) is that nowhere he could go would give him anything remotely as good a situation as this. If he's serious about being a competitor and wanting to win another Super Bowl, he should be able to acknowledge that Gutekunst has given him a great opportunity. I'm sure deep down he does realize that but is too proud to say it in public.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Contract wise... any truth to the 'if AR is not happy after the 2021 season and no trade gets done to his liking, he can retire and still get some pay for the 2022 season"

Makes no sense to me, but (IMO) a lot of the "headline issues" in this entire affair are smokescreens and dont make sense - or dont warrant the size of the drama.

I've no clue why any team would agree to such a clause.

Edited by Leader