Xavien Howard and Dolphins agree to restructure, ending "hold-in"

djw4bucs

5 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

The Chargers and Browns have the cap space and are in “win now” mode.

Can't see the Browns making a move for him. We just drafted Newsome in round one to go along with Ward, Hill and Greedy Williams (who is no doubt a huge question mark at this point). Considering that, along with the fact that they have several key players that need extended (Baker, Ward, Chubb, Teller, etc.) I'd be shocked if the Browns traded for him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Can't see the Browns making a move for him. We just drafted Newsome in round one to go along with Ward, Hill and Greedy Williams (who is no doubt a huge question mark at this point). Considering that, along with the fact that they have several key players that need extended (Baker, Ward, Chubb, Teller, etc.) I'd be shocked if the Browns traded for him.

I like Newsome. I’d trade Howard for him and a 2nd.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

I like Newsome. I’d trade Howard for him and a 2nd.

LOL

Good luck with that.

The Browns would go from a cost controlled player with the potential they loved, to a stud CB with several past injury concerns (when availability has been the biggest issue in the Browns DB room for years), who is unhappy with his current contract & also when the core of the teams identity is all up for extensions. (Mayfield, Chubb, Ward & Teller)

The Browns Secondary is already their 3rd highest investment, and is the 8th highest investment of the secondary in the NFL, and they also have to focus on the extension that Denzel Ward is currently requiring, which is sure to blow past Howard's current figure as well.

This move would kill every bit of the flexibility the Front office needs in the next season or 2....And then a future asset has to be thrown in as well.

Andrew Berry terminated that call before he ever heard "for him and a 2nd"

I'd be absolutely floored if there was even a phone call made by the browns to guage interest and get an idea on cost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Would you pull an @Uncle Buck?

Why not?  Everybody always talks about how loyal they are to "their team."  The way I see it, there comes a time where if a team hasn't earned your loyalty, why give them your business?  It's no different than if you buy a car and it doesn't live up to expectations.  Would you buy another one just because you are "a Toyota guy, or a Ford guy, etc.?"

If these teams start losing fans, maybe that will give them the motivation to get their act together.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

2 teams that made 2020 playoffs have been in contact with Miami, curious to know who those 2 were?

Maybe the Green Bay Aaron Rodgers called them up. Then Howard can be the 2nd highest paid CB on his team when we extend Jaire in a year or 2!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Why not?  Everybody always talks about how loyal they are to "their team."  The way I see it, there comes a time where if a team hasn't earned your loyalty, why give them your business?  It's no different than if you buy a car and it doesn't live up to expectations.  Would you buy another one just because you are "a Toyota guy, or a Ford guy, etc.?"

If these teams start losing fans, maybe that will give them the motivation to get their act together.

Out of curiosity…why the Jaguars? Do you live in Jacksonville?