Which Teams Will Be the Big Movers on Offense and Defense?

onejayhawk

Handful of predictions

1. Giants offense goes from very bad, to slightly above average
  2. Same with Bengals
  3. Ravens offense will look more like the 2019 version than the 2020 version
  4. Houston offense tanks (obvious reasons)
  5. Bucs offense regress a bit

1. Browns defense becomes very, very good
  2. Broncos defense becomes very, very good
  3. Steelers defense regresses to just regular good
  4. Same with Saints and Dolphins

15 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

That secondary is going to be atrocious. I like your pieces on offense though. 

That's my main concern with the defense. The CBs are very young and we will need surprises to be good there.  I think Hall is going to be a solid NFL starter at CB, hes been providing tight coverage all camp and was a good CB in college but got injured. But I definitely see us taking a CB round 1 next draft. The DL is going to be very good and our safeties are solid, LB corps is going to be solid with CJ Mosley returning and looking motivated to have a comeback season.  I doubt top 10 though. 

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think Cleveland defense, Viking defense, Dallas defense, Jacksonville offense will all improve markedly.

Washington offense, New England offense, SF offense, Tennesse defense and Atlanta defense will improve by 5-10 spots

obviously there will be some regressions to balance this out

I mean, yes, by default. I do think Tennessee has the talent on defense to field an average unit, even with Vrabel and Bowen’s awful, awful, awful scheme.

The jags have the talent to be a top 10 offense and I think by the end of the season that’s where they’ll be.

defensively they might be a bit underrated. The secondary is pretty stacked right now even with Henderson  MIA from camp. Shaq Griffin looks like he’s worth every penny so far…….Sidney Jones and Tyson Campbell have been showing out……Andre Cisco has flashed too…..d-line looks improved as well….Davon Hamilton looks like he might have a breakout year…..this D should, at the very least, not lose this team too many games this year

12 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Bold prediction incoming.

Bills have a top 5 defense this season.

My thoughts on your point: It's a reasonable take, and something that could happen. I think that because the Bills will be playing ahead rather than behind more often, opponents will be throwing more, leading to more yards, points, shootouts, etc. So while the defense will be stout and help them, I don't know if statistically it will be there. Eye test may be different. 

As @Snake Plissken@vikingsrule, and @SBLIII all mentioned: It would be hard for the Vikings defense to not make a notable jump this year. They had the 29th scoring defense last year, while have the 5th, 9th and 1st ranked scoring defense the three years prior (2017-2019). There's also been large roster turnover on defense, with essentially the whole D-Line, 3 of the top 4 corners and the starting SS changing since last year. Even a regression to average would be a 13 spot leap for a unit I expect to be top 10 this season.

• Like 1

Cleveland's defense should definitely be better, but how much better I'm not sure. There's potential there, but there's question marks regarding Woods' scheme and the health of our DBs and obviously Clowney. We have potential along our interior DL, but also plenty of question marks. Our LBs could also be an issue, but should be better than last season, especially if JOK lives up to the hype. Lots of new pieces so it could take time to gel, but the potential is there for our defense to dramatically improve.

On 8/8/2021 at 2:37 PM, Starless said:

Nobody's mentioned the 49ers yet?

With all those players coming back this year, I expect them to be a top-10 offense and a top-5 defense. 

edit: wait, one guy did mention their offense. 

Realistically, he probably should not have.

The 49ers were not bad enough on either offense or defense to move up 10 slots in the rankings. The defense was top 10, so it's literally impossible to move up 10 spots. The offense would have to go from #15 to #5. That's a longshot. Expecting Cleveland's defense to improve from #21 to #11, not so much.

J