Week 1 Gen discussion

Blackstar12

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

reminds me of Seymour. Dude is a complete force and major mistake by the 49ers to let him go.

Actually the defense didn't drop off much without him. Last year the 49ers were still a good squad, and that was with the worst injury situation in the league. Would have loved to keep Buckner, but they couldn't afford to make him the second highest defensive tackle in the NFL. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Some of these coaches are just embarrassing when they try to play the injury report game. 

"I think he was limited today, so we will use the next 48 hours with all of these guys and determine who is playing and who is not," Stefanski said, per the team's official transcript. "We will let you know 90 minutes before the game."

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-wr-odell-beckham-knee-listed-as-questionable-vs-chiefs

YOU THINK he was limited? You the head coach don’t know for sure if Odell Beckham was limited or not?!

Brady can seriously play till he’s 50 if he wants, that’s not a joke anymore… 

Not only has he been lighting it up with this bucs team but the fact that he was still a top 10 qb with that 2019 patriots offense at 42 which had worse personnel than some college offenses really highlights how good he still is. I can honestly see him playing 5 more years look at the way he was slinging that thing last night, be honest if you didn’t know his age you would say he’s 24 not 44.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:31 PM, CP3MVP said:

I don’t see how Dallas keeps Tampa under 30 points. Like Tampa could turn the ball over 3 times and still get to 30. 

I don’t see many if any defenses keeping Tampa under 30 tbh. That’s what 8 straight games of them scoring 30+ and they weren’t even remotely close to being as efficient as they will be in the future.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:53 PM, DontTazeMeBro said:

I like Pittsburgh to pull off the upset. I think eventually teams will have enough film and their O Line will be their undoing. But the first few teams that have to go up against Matt Canada’s offense with all the shifts and sweeps are going to have fits.

I mean...while thats certainly a very real possibility, we know pretty much nothing about this line, so all we can do is speculate.    I certainly expect struggles, but none of these players aside from Trai Turner has played significant time.    Only thing Im optimistic about is the run game, if only because our run blocking cant be worse than last year.   Pass blocking on the other hand...

And I expect a loss to Buffalo.  Steelers don't match up well with them.   Best bet is to pressure Allen and throw off the timing of their pass game...something we couldn't do against them last year....at all.

1 hour ago, JohnCena said:

Brady can seriously play till he’s 50 if he wants, that’s not a joke anymore… 

Not only has he been lighting it up with this bucs team but the fact that he was still a top 10 qb with that 2019 patriots offense at 42 which had worse personnel than some college offenses really highlights how good he still is. I can honestly see him playing 5 more years look at the way he was slinging that thing last night, be honest if you didn’t know his age you would say he’s 24 not 44.

i will say the move to the bucs has been the greatest thing for his longevity, purely because of the game they play. partly due to a small but noticeable decline on brady's part, partly due to a horrid cast to surround him, his penultimate and final seasons with the pats were largely forgettable personal seasons imho (i know that he won the sb in 2019, that's beside the point for his personal season which was above average though below his); but with the absolutely loaded bucs offense he's simply got so many targets. he's able to have lost some zip in his fastball (and note i say some, not all) and still do exceptional things with that bucs cast.

look at the seasons brees was able to have as his fastball declined with a combo of smart play, excellent support and championship mindset. brady's capable of doing the same thing at tampa because tampa has a supporting cast that can turn a season that'd be average in a vacuum in to a top five season; so think of what that can do to a guy who's probably in a vacuum on the fringe of the top ten

Looking forward to seeing the "AFC's team to beat" Bills and the "Top 2 Squad in the NFL" Browns this weekend. I think Buffalo will be getting their Divisional round-exit season off to a good start against Pittsburgh, and I expect the actual AFC's team to beat to dispatch the Brownies.

2 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Looking forward to seeing the "AFC's team to beat" Bills and the "Top 2 Squad in the NFL" Browns this weekend. I think Buffalo will be getting their Divisional round-exit season off to a good start against Pittsburgh, and I expect the actual AFC's team to beat to dispatch the Brownies.

Is anyone expecting the Browns to win?

The Kansas City September Chiefs are the greatest team of all time.