Week 1: New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers - Darnold's "Revenge"

KingOfNewYork

Ya this is how players lose their confidence and careers go down. He’s done everything they’ve asked of him in camp. The staff has raved about how hard he’s worked. And then for them to say the reason for not playing him, is just a bunch of BS.

If he fails here. The Jets failed him. Not the other way

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, drew39k said:

What was the reason? I didn't see anything yet.

Here's a quote from his press conference:

“Denzel can really elevate his game and availability is when you are the No. 4 receiver or next man up you have to know all three spots (Z, F, X) so you can get in there. If he can know all those positions he can really help himself out. You are reliable from a play-calling standpoint if you can do those things,” Saleh told Kay.

In short, because Mims has only ever played the X, they will limit his usage.  I call BS.  The man produces when on the field and being targeted.  There is a lot more at play here that we may never know the truth.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

What was the reason? I didn't see anything yet.

You are right, the answer they gave the press was flat out stupid. They want Minns, to learn all three WR position, he has been on the roster for two year and he don't know what to due. I see now why he was passed up by all 32 teams in the draft. We even passed on him the first time he was available.

10 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You are right, the answer they gave the press was flat out stupid. They want Minns, to learn all three WR position, he has been on the roster for two year and he don't know what to due. I see now why he was passed up by all 32 teams in the draft. We even passed on him the first time he was available.

At least 29 teams passed on Moore.  Want to explain that?

59 minutes ago, xrade said:

Here's a quote from his press conference:

“Denzel can really elevate his game and availability is when you are the No. 4 receiver or next man up you have to know all three spots (Z, F, X) so you can get in there. If he can know all those positions he can really help himself out. You are reliable from a play-calling standpoint if you can do those things,” Saleh told Kay.

In short, because Mims has only ever played the X, they will limit his usage.  I call BS.  The man produces when on the field and being targeted.  There is a lot more at play here that we may never know the truth.

Crowder may prevent Mims from extra reps early in 10 days layoff. 

Short pass routes are very important to the offense so Berrios, Cole, Crowder and Smith get more reps ahead of Mims.  Mims could be leapfrogging in the depth chart if Davis was out.

Still, I don't like that because Mims had shown some production in final 2 preseason games. Those warranted Mims extra reps immediately.

Edited by JetsandI

Yeah I must say I'm torn on this Mims thing.  I get keeping him out because he doesn't know the playbook but put him in the position he does know then.  The guy has fantastic size and excellent hands you really telling me that Berries and Smith should be seeing snaps over him in 4 WR sets?  I'm not buying that.

His talent alone is too good to keep of the field.  

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Crowder may prevent Mims from extra reps early in 10 days layoff. 

Short pass routes are very important to the offense so Berrios, Cole, Crowder and Smith get more reps ahead of Mims.  Mims could be leapfrogging in the depth chart if Davis was out.

Still, I don't like that because Mims had shown some production in final 2 preseason games. Those warranted Mims extra reps immediately.

But they didn't run many short routes against Carolina....

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya this is how players lose their confidence and careers go down. He’s done everything they’ve asked of him in camp. The staff has raved about how hard he’s worked. And then for them to say the reason for not playing him, is just a bunch of BS.

If he fails here. The Jets failed him. Not the other way

There is obviously something going on that we aren’t aware of. Has to be. Maybe he actually isn’t doing everything they are asking. 

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

There is obviously something going on that we aren’t aware of. Has to be. Maybe he actually isn’t doing everything they are asking. 

Well then we have a GM, HC and OC that have been lying. Which is a bigger issue. Bc ever since he’s been healthy they’ve all raved about him. So something is up. Not sure what it is. But there should never be a situation where guys like Berrios and Smith are out snapping him.