Week 1 postgame: Burn it all down

mikebpackfan

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The argument is simple really there is zero chance the Green Bay Packers win this football game unless Aaron Rodgers and/or the offense carries them to do so and because that didnt happen they lost by 5 possessions and showed exactly why this team is closer to being blown up entirely after Aaron than it is competing after him but again, this doesn't jive with the Aaron is the problem because he's cancer and we're good despite him narrative.

I think MVPs are expected to carry their team and rally others to perform well. That did not happen today, so coupled with the miserable off season you get to this. 

I think most fans recognize that post Rodgers will be more rebuilding than current roster. Given the off season we just had and today's results it is certainly understandable how some fans feel rebuilding this year would have been better. Time will tell if they were right. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I'd be a lot more obligated to entertain this narrative if there was anything good going on despite Aaron being about as bad as he can possibly be given his talent level. The truth is there wasn't anything else you feel good about unless you count Gary being the one guy defensively who looked like he gave a s*** all day. 

Yeah and this applies defensively as well. The tendency to run at our nickel (or dime) look on second down was so blatant I couldn't fathom it. Like if they threw an incompletion on first down, I'm willing to bet 95% of the time they ran it on second. Need to run the tape back for that, but we gave up huge chunk runs consistently by showing four man fronts. We definitely got out-coached today, and the team got outplayed by a mile. I'm really annoyed that the offensive interior isn't good, like figure that out before you let Linsley go dammit. 

Edited by oldmansmell

Just now, squire12 said:

looks like I picked a good time to play a round of golf with my father-in-law.  

Anyone have a couple positives they can throw out?

How did Jenkins look at LT?

Meyers at C?

Slaton at IDL?

Gary generate any pressure?

I thought Jenkins looked good.

Meyers did ok, much better than either guard. 

I see a couple really good plays by Slaton with his limited opportunities. 

Gary did generate pressure and I felt one of the good parts of the defense today. 

The special teams was actually decent fur a change!

14 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

Ill agree, but do you agree that one guy had a much easier field to play with?

Yes I do.

Aaron Rodgers had: Davante Adams, Aaron Jones, Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, MVS, Tonyan, Dillon as weapons.

Winston had: Alvin Kamara, Taysom Hill, Deonte Harris, Adam Trautman and LilJordan Humphrey as weapons

One managed 5 TDs and no INTs while one managed 0TDs and 2 INTs.

Who do you think everyone would assign those statlines to if they hadn't watched the game?

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes I do.

Aaron Rodgers had: Davante Adams, Aaron Jones, Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, MVS, Tonyan, Dillon as weapons.

Winston had: Alvin Kamara, Taysom Hill, Deonte Harris, Adam Trautman and LilJordan Humphrey as weapons

Who do you think everyone would assign those statlines to if they hadn't watched the game?

Youre just listing players without talking about the actual game. Winston had a dominant running game, which ooens things up for an offense. Rodgers didnt have that. Rodgers still played like garbage, but lets stop comparing these two because they didnt face the same obstacles.

1 minute ago, Brad gluckman said:

Youre just listing players without talking about the actual game. Winston had a dominant running game, which ooens things up for an offense. Rodgers didnt have that. Rodgers still played like garbage, but lets stop comparing these two because they didnt face the same obstacles.

This is a new way to slobber all over Aaron. 

One of the times even his most ardent supporters cannot point to weaponZzz, the pivot quickly becomes "everyone else on the field except the weaponZzz" ha

Cut the lame excuses. Aaron was God awful by every measure with 10x the weaponZzz available on paper. He was trash, Winston was the opposite.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes I do.

But one had prior game time experience with his team, while the other whose team had new OL parts did not have this luxary.....This same team also has a HOF coach in Sean Peyton, the other does not....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is a new way to slobber all over Aaron. 

One of the times even his most ardent supporters cannot point to weaponZzz, the pivot quickly becomes "everyone else on the field except the weaponZzz" ha

Cut the lame excuses. Aaron was God awful by every measure with 10x the weaponZzz available on paper. He was trash, Winston was the opposite.

Im not slobbering all over Rodgers. He played like garbage, which is unacceptable from someone that tortured the franchise all offseason. I am not a Rodgers apologist. Im fully in the "Rodgers is a spoiled baby" camp.

The original comment was that Winston didnt need a chance to get going, so why should Aaron? I was stating that it is a lot easier to get going when Alvin Kamara is running running it down GBs throats as opposed to Aaron Jones sub 2 yards per carry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

Im not slobbering all over Rodgers. He played like garbage, which is unacceptable from someone that tortured the franchise all offseason. I am not a Rodgers apologist. Im fully in the "Rodgers is a spoiled baby" camp.

The original comment was that Winston didnt need a chance to get going, so why should Aaron? I was stating that it is a lot easier to get going when Alvin Kamara is running running it down GBs throats as opposed to Aaron Jones sub 2 yards per carry.

I also think the PS time helped Winston, too.

1 hour ago, BluePacker said:

Positive

- Punter and Kicker looked good

The punter was not good today. He mi**** 3 of 4 punts with a net average of 40.8, if Scott would of had that sets of punts people would be wanting to string him up in the city square tonight.