Week 1 postgame: Burn it all down

mikebpackfan

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I want to use the resources gained from Aaron's departure to add a minimum of 2 premium pieces to DL/EDGE next year.

Fine, like Chubb or some team with talent there. I would submit that we are upper echelon there though. Not sure that's what is wrong with our defence. And this will be a non-sequitur but I would like us to horde future draft picks in the hopes of turning that into draft capitol that matters. Seriously we get a first next year from the Broncos, but maybe we get one in 23 & 24 and we can then deal those picks for future capital, it's time to start using the fact that this is not a privately owned institution to its advantage. And the only way to do that is to deal the most valuable player in the NFL (well until he isn't).  

4 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

God level? No.

Rodgers level? Yes. And he was not that today. It remains to be seen if he will get there, but for today at least he played like garbage. He wasn't the only one. But he deserves some of the blame,  and will get it thanks to his off season. I think that's all people are trying to say.

So we agree that you're going to need at minimum a top 5ish QB performance to keep the rest of this team afloat for the duration of a game against a competitive NFL roster. I'm glad we can see eye to eye on that.

15 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

Agreed.

I also wonder if Rodgers took it too easy this offseason. Last year he was driven by the Love pick and this offseason he was feeling himself so he regressed to 2018-2019 Rodgers. Pure speculation, but it crossed my mind.

I've thought about what kind of physical shape Rodgers might be in. If he was seriously considering retirement, he likely didn't work out like he would if he was definitely planning on playing. He was hanging out in Hawaii when his teammates were at OTA's and minicamp. Fitness becomes more important as an athlete gets older.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

no no, in my scenario Aaron is gone too and all his toxic mojo that affects the whole roster.

Did Aaron bang your mom or what?  where does this anger for him come from?

This place is a super strange faction of the Packers fanbase

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

zero anger here

just a realist, ahead of my time. Although many others here can see it as well.

There is nothing ahead of our time or trendy about hating Aaron Rodgers. It is cool. The current thing. It isn't even slightly against the grain or taking a stand on anything. Lets be clear about that now.

Edited by Rodjahs12

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

There is nothing ahead of our time or trendy about hating Aaron Rodgers. It is trendy, cool. The current thing. It isn't even slightly against the grain or taking a stand on anything. Lets be clear about that now.

it's been rewarding seeing others get onboard over the years on this. Far fewer of us recognized these issues 4-5 years ago.

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

So we agree that you're going to need at minimum a top 5ish QB performance to keep the rest of this team afloat for the duration of a game against a competitive NFL roster. I'm glad we can see eye to eye on that.

Absolutely agree that we need Rodgers to play at Rodgers level. That's what the dude gets paid for. Otherwise we'd go with someone cheaper but still capable and plug some of that money into other holes on the team so it is not dependent on one player.

Again, I'm not sure what your argument here is. When a guy who earns 20% of  teams roster salary plays horrible are fans not allowed to give him some of the blame? Green Bay has very clearly prioritized Rodgers when it comes to salary cap, and that comes at the expense of filling other areas. Everyone knows this, and when he plays poorly (like today) it stands out even more. It isn't like he took a Brady discount to build a super team to help spread the load. Both he and GB have been banking on him to play at an elite level.

He didn't do that today. Today, the first game after an off-season that had fans doubting his motivation. I don't get how you are surprised fans are upset at Rodgers... he did nothing today to erase that concern. Will he? Maybe. But not today. 

• Like 1