Week 1 postgame: Burn it all down

mikebpackfan

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I was concerned/sure all offseason this was going to be a sschitshow season, but got swayed by all the (inane) jabber about "how good" everyone looked at practice. Shouldn't have let me inner-core optimistic self fall for it.

This is going to be a sschitshow of a season: 8-9 to avoid a premium draft pick, but with all the ugly that goes along with deserving one

You said GB vs Buf in the Superbowl. You're being held to that.

One game doesn't make a season. By next week everything will be fine for GB. Playing Detroit is usually a bye week for your team anyways.

• Like 1

Two guys who I don't need to see on the field any longer are Kevin King and Lucas Patrick. Unfortunately their salary is now guaranteed for the year. 

I'm not blaming the loss on them but Patrick was barely a speed bump and King can't cover, which is a pretty important trait for a cornerback. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

BTW, we changed **** all schematically on defense. 

Honestly it was worse on first inspection than anything I can remember standing out last season. I’m not going to pretend to have X’s and O’s understanding you do or look into this film again as I can’t be bothered to see this a second time but things like King trying to man up on Harris just seems so obviously lopsided in the offenses favor. 

People are freaking out about a small thing here. The Saints are a very good team who played their starters in the preseason and were in midseason form. The Packers had convinced themselves that they were soo good that any preseason work was below them. The to cool for school attitude come back and bit them hard yesterday. 

The Packers are as talented as any team in the NFL and yesterday can end up being a very good thing in the long run. Hope they are all embarrassed about yesterday and get back to work, rather than believing teams are going to just lay down for the mighty Packers. 

• Like 3

I'm impressed with how 'High' the horses are in the Hindsight gang!

Keep it going guys, you sound like the whine line after a viking game.

We sucked this game, it happens.  Cascade, nothing went right and when we needed a play we self-sabotaged.

When the other team runs the ball well AND sticks with the run game it even makes middling QBs look good.  It was almost (and I mean almost) enjoyable to watch Mr. Perfect look like his old self when he knows better than whoever is calling plays and holds the ball, doesn't throw on time and it turns into a schitt show.  His two INTs were simply horrible throws, not even in the same zipcode.

JK Scott haters.....hope you didn't buy your #7 jerseys yet.  That guy also sucked big time. His best punt was a shank so bad nobody on the field was even twenty yards near it, luckily he got a great bounce.

The one positive I can take away from this game is R. Gary.  Sometimes he seemed like the only guy who gave a crap out there.

Joe Barry...you did a great impression of Pettine.  You are on the hottest seat. (new game show).

Burn the tape.  Get ready for the Lions.  They won't be afraid of playing us in Lambeau.

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Teams who don’t even generally play 2 high are switching to playing it against Rodgers overnight because they know they’ll trip him up! This isn’t the first time he’s said “we didn’t expect him to play that much 2 shell” Lol - it’s a ******* joke! 

It’s bad game management

they saw 2 shell all last year and ran the ball

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R T said:

People are freaking out about a small thing here. The Saints are a very good team who played their starters in the preseason and were in midseason form. The Packers had convinced themselves that they were soo good that any preseason work was below them. The to cool for school attitude come back and bit them hard yesterday. 

The Packers are as talented as any team in the NFL and yesterday can end up being a very good thing in the long run. Hope they are all embarrassed about yesterday and get back to work, rather than believing teams are going to just lay down for the mighty Packers. 

Fans are PISSED OFF, and they should be. The offseason was a debacle and Aaron was the "king of the too cool for school gang" that bled into and resulted in the blow out in Jacksonville.

I hope the coaches and players are even more PISSED as they were humiliated yesterday and need to make serious corrections with the utmost urgency, You're correct in reminding fans, coaches and players to not panic, but being fu'king angry is exactly the correct response to being Punked on National TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Here’s a box score of the game yesterday 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220330

Oh wait, that’s last year when NO beat Tampa Bay 38-3 in Tampa! 

Guys, it’s 1 game. I really don’t know how some of you enjoy football . Calm down, it’ll be okay. 

My first thought too, I am confident they will turn it around from that level of play. . Then again, Tampa has Todd Bowles and we don't. Lot of ball game left, and some young players need to step it up. but I don't like seeing GB ever play with that level of effort.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

You said GB vs Buf in the Superbowl. You're being held to that.

One game doesn't make a season. By next week everything will be fine for GB. Playing Detroit is usually a bye week for your team anyways.

Perhaps. Det recently seems to play GB  pretty tough. Nice they have Goff and not Stafford now. The tough part is San Fran is after Detroit too. We all know their recent history vs GB.

• Like 1

The entire career of Rodgers he's struggled against 2 shell. Like thats what people play to **** with his day. and it works every time. At this point he/lafleur just dont know how or refuse to adapt. The solution would be running it or tossing it shorter, but i dont think i saw Jones in the flat or short much at all. Much less any crossers for Davante that were so killer last year

Rodgers completed just 4-of-15 passes when he had more than 2.5 seconds to throw. Both of his interceptions came with at least that much time -- including the one in the red zone when a touchdown would have made it a 17-10 game -- and it was his worst completion percentage on those throws since at least 2016, when NFL Next Gen stats first began tracking.

Per ESPN

Spare me a lot of the tooth grinding about the line

• Like 2