MNF: BAL @ LVR Thread

Sad People

Who wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2021 at 12:50 AM

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Yannick and Crosby where beating those Ravens OT's *** all game. 

This is a major question mark for Baltimore going forward. Was this the exception to the rule, or is this a sign of things to come? Because T.J. Watt/the Steelers and Myles Garrett could pose major issues for them if they don't get things squared away.

I don't want to overreact, because I still think Baltimore is a force to be reckoned with, but that stood out to me the most last night.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is a major question mark for Baltimore going forward. Was this the exception to the rule, or is this a sign of things to come? Because T.J. Watt/the Steelers and Myles Garrett could pose major issues for them if they don't get things squared away.

I don't want to overreact, because I still think Baltimore is a force to be reckoned with, but that stood out to me the most last night.

It’s both: I think Stanley will improve as the season goes on as he had a serious leg injury last season and is making his way back in. However Villaneuve is steam fried *** at this point 

7 hours ago, showtime said:

It's always some excuse for him. The dude is an insane talent, but that doesn't mean he's a good QB. 

You can criticize him all you want and I'd probably agree with a few of those criticisms, but to say he isn't a good QB?  That is just crazy talk.  You can still be a good QB and have flaws.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

If one of your flaws is "does not perform perfectly when getting pressured on 50%+ of your dropbacks", I think that's a fine flaw. We all saw how Patrick Mahomes faired in the Superbowl with no OL, yet here we are again with Lamar Jackson going through the same thing and people straight away jump to the "he isn't good" double standard. It's pretty goddamn tiring.

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If one of your flaws is "does not perform perfectly when getting pressured on 50%+ of your dropbacks", I think that's a fine flaw. We all saw how Patrick Mahomes faired in the Superbowl with no OL, yet here we are again with Lamar Jackson going through the same thing and people straight away jump to the "he isn't good" double standard. It's pretty goddamn tiring.

You failed in thinking they are equals as passers, one is a generational talent as a passer and the other wouldn't be in the league if he couldn't run a 4.2.  Don't ever in your life bring up Mahomes and Jackson in the same breath in terms as passers, it's like a putting a Ford Focus against a Maserati, Jackson cannot make those same passes Mahomes made in that game, please stop with this silly narrative.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You failed in thinking they are equals as passers, one is a generational talent as a passer and the other wouldn't be in the league if he couldn't run a 4.2.  Don't ever in your life bring up Mahomes and Jackson in the same breath in terms as passers, is like a putting a Ford Focus against a Maserati, Jackson cannot make those same passes Mahomes made in that game, please stop with this silly narrative.

Oh spare me.

I'm comparing how people treat them when they're in the same circumstances. They're both MVP Quarterbacks, so your "Ford Focus to Maserati" comparison is a joke. Obviously Mahomes is a more polished and gifted passer than Lamar Jackson but your post actually perfectly highlights the point I was making, so thank you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Another fail is having Villanueva as your starting RT, Jackson does not deserve that.

I don't think he's going to be our starting RT after like week 5. Looking back, the red flags were there, some people believed them and others (like me) chose to be optimistic, but when your division rival cuts a guy you should probably take that as a sign that he's done.

Then, when that guy you sign looks bad in camp AND preseason against largely backups, you should take that as a sign that he's done.

Then, when that guy gets his lunch completely stolen from him all night long by a largely mediocre DE, you should really take that as a sign that he's done.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think he's going to be our starting RT after like week 5. Looking back, the red flags were there, some people believed them and others (like me) chose to be optimistic, but when your division rival cuts a guy you should probably take that as a sign that he's done.

Then, when that guy you sign looks bad in camp AND preseason against largely backups, you should take that as a sign that he's done.

Then, when that guy gets his lunch completely stolen from him all night long by a largely mediocre DE, you should really take that as a sign that he's done.

I'd be on the phone right now looking for trades and working guys out. Hell, I would even bring in Isaiah Wilson and see where he is, but thats me...

Yawn at the old takes when Lamar loses a game. 

Does anyone actually think, even with all the issues at literally everything around him on offense, that he's not going to lead an offense good enough to get this team to the playoffs? Anyone want to say otherwise? Or are you guys just going to say some nonsense about him being lucky to be drafted by the Ravens who put him in a position to succeed.

The Ravens are going to the playoffs as long as Lamar doesn't get injured. Why? Because he's too good not to over a 17 game season. You can save your 1-loss takes for 4 months from now when 1 loss matters.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That last fumble was pretty brutal they really need to get that cleaned up