Week 3 Leadup: 49ers on SNF

FAH1223

On 9/22/2021 at 7:51 PM, ifeelasleep said:

A cool 4.5 ypc.

how about 15/28 133 yards, 0 tds 2 ints. 

week one

or 

19/34 178 yards, 1 td, 2 ints. 

in an nfc championship game

cherrypicking at best.

Jones eclipsed 100 rushing yards a whopping **3** times last season. Cherry picking lmao it was the most important game of the season and I saw what I have always seen out of RB's like Jones. Which is what we will see more of. Unreliability against dominant defenses. 

Packers 28

49ers 17

Not sure how other than San Fran is not going to be able to run like they usually do because of their injuries at RB. Also, they are banged up on D-line and CB. 

Nijman v. Bosa is a mismatch made to wreck a game, so MLF better give him a lot of help. Enter 89 to help a lot and get some chip blocks, then release and catch the ball for 7-10 yard gains. 

Nijman is my guess, clearly. Billy Turner at LT is a disaster made to order because they wouldn't give him as much help as Nijman. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Packers 28

49ers 17

Not sure how other than San Fran is not going to be able to run like they usually do because of their injuries at RB. Also, they are banged up on D-line and CB. 

Nijman v. Bosa is a mismatch made to wreck a game, so MLF better give him a lot of help. Enter 89 to help a lot and get some chip blocks, then release and catch the ball for 7-10 yard gains. 

Nijman is my guess, clearly. Billy Turner at LT is a disaster made to order because they wouldn't give him as much help as Nijman. 

I like the justification given for a Pack win.  Isn't Trey Sermon likely to play though?  The 9'ers have basically a plug and play offense in terms of RB's, I think they can make this work with their system.  Overall I'm certainly not impressed with their offense, but against our soft defense I'm a lot more so.  I think the match up is a close one and breaks along with red zone play will determine a winner.

Is Kelly really that bad?  I don't know, maybe he is.  If Nijman starts at left tackle I'm thinking Kelly is no Wagner, and he wasn't much.  We know they can't play man against Adams, he'll see zone all day.  We need to feast on this and that will take Ol Rodg playing within the system, not thinking he's smarter than the system.  We need to run the ball mixed in with what timing pass plays their defense is going to give us in order to open up the whole of our game.  Avoid the low percentage attempts and press them with quick completions where ever you can find them.  That includes underneath for short gains.  Rodg has a tough time with that.  Nailing home a score with a risky pass to Bobby for a score when Lazard is wide open emboldens him to continue in that mold.  Which in the long run invites sacks, punts, and 3 pointers when it could have been 6.  More often than not, in the long run.

16 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

The Packer defense is last in sacks in the NFL.  The Niners OL has given up the least amount of sacks....  Train Wreck.

For SF, that has to do with how fast Jimmy gets rid of the ball and playing the Lions in week 1. I know the Packers are missing Smith, but the 49ers OL is not THAT good in pass protection as those stats indicate. We have one truly elite pass protector and that is Williams. The rest are not impossible to beat. If the Packers play a bunch of press man coverage and force Jimmy to go through his progressions? Then they will have their chances of getting sacks or him making a stupid mistake. Alexander is great and Stokes looked good vs Detroit so you guys may have something there...King can be had but at the same time, Jimmy is not even looking in Aiyuk's direction at the moment.

Basically, what I am saying is that don't be surprised if your DL does better than you expect lol. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For SF, that has to do with how fast Jimmy gets rid of the ball and playing the Lions in week 1. I know the Packers are missing Smith, but the 49ers OL is not THAT good in pass protection as those stats indicate. We have one truly elite pass protector and that is Williams. The rest are not impossible to beat. If the Packers play a bunch of press man coverage and force Jimmy to go through his progressions? Then they will have their chances of getting sacks or him making a stupid mistake. Alexander is great and Stokes looked good vs Detroit so you guys may have something there...King can be had but at the same time, Jimmy is not even looking in Aiyuk's direction at the moment.

Basically, what I am saying is that don't be surprised if your DL does better than you expect lol. 

That was my take after watching most of the 9ers first games.  Neither team has been firing on all cylinders early on and that is to be expected. Finding trends after 2 games is a bit overboard. 

Pack is banged up on OL; SF on DL, RB, and CB. In the end, some of SF’s strengths matchup up with our weaknesses but I don’t think it’s miles apart. Also, SF finally playing at home bodes well for them after having to start 2 on the road.  So far, Shanahan has had his protege’s number minus playing severely depleted last year  

I would be going to the game if it wasn’t SNF but I can’t scratch Monday morning this week so will be yelling at my tv and hopefully celebrating a GB victory in my living room. 

Edited by Refugee

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

That was my take after watching most of the 9ers first games.  Neither team has been firing on all cylinders early on and that is to be expected. Finding trends after 2 games is a bit overboard. 

Pack is banged up on OL; SF on DL, RB, and CB. In the end, some of SF’s strengths matchup up with our weaknesses but I don’t think it’s miles apart. Also, SF finally playing at home bodes well for them after having to start 2 on the road.  So far, Shanahan has had his protege’s number minus playing severely depleted last year  

I would be going to the game if it wasn’t SNF but I can’t scratch Monday morning this week so will be yelling at my tv and hopefully celebrating a GB victory in my living room. 

I thought the offense was very sharp in week 1 but last week was a struggle. That was expected though, since the Philly DL always gives the OL issues. 

Playing at should theoretically help, but the last three times the team has returned from an East Coast trip, it has not gone well at all. The team has been very sloppy and just off...Hoping the late game start will help in that regard.

The DL is pretty healthy though. Kinlaw/Armstead should go and our edge rushers (Bosa/Ford) are back now. 

The RBs are banged up but at least Sermon should be a go this week.

The CB situation should get better this week with Moseley returning but obviously Verrett is out for the season. 

For GB, the game plan should be simple. Get Jones going early on and run some screen plays to slow the pass rush down and play press coverage with the corners on the other end and make Jimmy hesitate. If the Packers come in soft coverage with their current pass rush and they can't establish Jones? Then it can be a long day. If not? Then it will be a competitive game. 

• Like 1