Week 3 Postgame: GB 30 - SF 28

Leader

57 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

3. In covering the passer position, Referees will be particularly alert to fouls in which defenders impermissibly use the helmet and/or facemask to hit the passer, or use hands, arms, or other parts of the body to hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area (see also the other unnecessary roughness rules covering these subjects). 

Your back peddling and changing narrative is funny. First you posted this part and try to ignore the word forcibly because you know you can't make the argument Alexander used force. 

14 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

A passer who is standing still or fading backward after the ball has left his hand is obviously out of the play and must not be unnecessarily contacted by an opponent through the end of the down

Now this crap which is even funnier. Alexander was in the ACT of making contact when Garoppolo threw the ball. There was no way Alexander could have pulled up and the ONLY reason he made contact with his neck was because Garropolo ducked and turned around.  

Just because they give you a shovel doesn't mean you need to keep digging. 

Edited by Old Guy

ski and incog and old guy, thanks for the discussion.  I've learned a lot through it.  seeing the exact wording was really helpful.  And realizing that the "forceful" descriptor is included is helpful too.  Thanks, guys!  

Edited by craig

If the Jaire RTP call is the new NFL, I’d rather just watch something else on Sundays.  That was ridiculously weak, and regardless of the rules interpretation (by some here), the enforcement of that rule yesterday - in that particular instance - was mamby pamby at best.  More like atrocious.

21 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If the Jaire RTP call is the new NFL, I’d rather just watch something else on Sundays.  That was ridiculously weak, and regardless of the rules interpretation (by some here), the enforcement of that rule yesterday - in that particular instance - was mamby pamby at best.  More like atrocious.

Tbh, I’m more angry about that challenged catch being confirmed with regard to the “new NFL”. At least with the ticky-tack RTP calls they are trying to protect players.  This new catch rule is just plain stupid. If you couldn’t have made the catch without the ground helping you, it shouldn’t be a catch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Imagine that #97 of the Cowboys just took the QB down, in the pocket by wrapping his arm around his neck and no call. One could even say when they see it, the contact was forcible. 

The problem is the rules aren’t enforced with any conformity - just way too subjective all around.  I watched several games this weekend where QB’s were getting sacked, mugged in scrums by several players - hands all over the entire body of the QB from head to toe - no calls.  Jaire barely taps the facemask and gives JG a little shove and it’s 15 yards and a first down in the waning minutes of a very tight game in the 4th quarter.  **** that man.  Those refs were blippety bleep.

34 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m always jealous of the posters here who get to watch games live in stadiums.  Just such a better experience overall.  And the energy….man.

I was gonna post the exact opposite.  That view is pretty horse bleep. Man I enjoy the big screen TV and seeing everything perfectly and when there is a time out, I can grab some grub or take a whizz no problem.  No parking issues or traffic issues or drunken idiot     issues.  Just enjoy some football and post stupid things in the GDT. Glorious.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

I was gonna post the exact opposite.  That view is pretty horse bleep. Man I enjoy the big screen TV and seeing everything perfectly and when there is a time out, I can grab some grub or take a whizz no problem.  No parking issues or traffic issues or drunken idiot     issues.  Just enjoy some football and post stupid things in the GDT. Glorious.  

I enjoy the creature comforts of home, but TV doesn’t compare to the atmosphere or the  energy.  All I’m saying.

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Look at this rep from Kenny. He’s absolutely incredible. 

This play reminds me of something I meant to bring up. It’s time to put Al Michaels out to pasture. He misses so much during a game, it’s embarrassing. Collingsworth did point it out afterwards, but Michaels was oblivious to that play by Clark.  His call on the GW FG was also insanely subdued.  Get someone under 90 in there, please.