Week 3 Postgame: GB 30 - SF 28

Leader

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Hard to teach great vision and great instincts. Kid has some real skills. Glad he got some money and glad it was a fair deal and glad he stayed in GB. I'm not one to pay RB's after rook deals though. But kid is a class act, hard worker and seems like a great locker room guy.

• Like 1

Not beat the dead horse of bad officiating, but I believe it as the first play of the go ahead drive by the 49ers. I have not gone back and don't have the ability to at this point, but I certainly thought that at worst the pass a lateral. It certainly looked like a backward pass in my memory. If that is the case they should have had a 6-8 yard loss when the ball rolled out of bounds. In the end it doesn't matter but I have seen no mention of it and it feels like I am the only one who noticed this. No mention live and nothing after. I will try to find again but I thought maybe someone here had the clip at the ready.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Not beat the dead horse of bad officiating, but I believe it as the first play of the go ahead drive by the 49ers. I have not gone back and don't have the ability to at this point, but I certainly thought that at worst the pass a lateral. It certainly looked like a backward pass in my memory. If that is the case they should have had a 6-8 yard loss when the ball rolled out of bounds. In the end it doesn't matter but I have seen no mention of it and it feels like I am the only one who noticed this. No mention live and nothing after. I will try to find again but I thought maybe someone here had the clip at the ready.

I recall the play and didn't even think about the yards. I from the TV angle it looked like a backwards pass though. Good catch.

46 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

We had no timeouts and couldn't challenge, but I remember that play too and wished they had shown a replay.

Has anybody made mention about how frigid the post game handshake was between the two best buddies: Shanahan and MLF. LaFleur put his hand out but never broke stride and looked right past him. It was a quick moment in passing. I believe the only words spoken by MLF was good job or good game. 

There is a whole lot of anger between the two, I'm guessing over Shanahan trying to get Rodgers in the off season and MLF not being too thrilled with it. Would what Shanahan allegedly did be considered tampering? 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Has anybody made mention about how frigid the post game handshake was between the two best buddies: Shanahan and MLF. LaFleur put his hand out but never broke stride and looked right past him. It was a quick moment in passing. I believe the only words spoken by MLF was good job or good game. 

There is a whole lot of anger between the two, I'm guessing over Shanahan trying to get Rodgers in the off season and MLF not being too thrilled with it. Would what Shanahan allegedly did be considered tampering? 

Shanahan just got Rodgerd in 37 seconds and was probably not too happy about.  Then called or texted the next day and said FU, good game, beers on you next time.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Shanahan just got Rodgerd in 37 seconds and was probably not too happy about.  Then called or texted the next day and said FU, good game, beers on you next time.

I’m not sure that’s the case.  Read Mike Silver’s tweets from last week re: shannahans zoom with Mike LaFleur on draft day.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

There was a little more than just smoke to the idea that LaFleur was not happy in the offseason, even extending to his brother and Saleh not being warm with Shanahan about the whole situation.  I’m sure coach didn’t like the drama and 12 played his part but that’s not the guy you can realistically focus your anger on. 

The thing is, you can’t be overly upset with Shanahan. As a direct competitor,you should expect them to make every move possible to get a one up on us, even if it’s just some draft day smoke to create some drama. I did see the handshake and it seemed like there is still some bad blood.  I’m fine with that, let’s take things a bit personally as we try to kick SF off the mountain. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Refugee said:

There was a little more than just smoke to the idea that LaFleur was not happy in the offseason, even extending to his brother and Saleh not being warm with Shanahan about the whole situation.  I’m sure coach didn’t like the drama and 12 played his part but that’s not the guy you can realistically focus your anger on. 

The thing is, you can’t be overly upset with Shanahan. As a direct competitor,you should expect them to make every move possible to get a one up on us, even if it’s just some draft day smoke to create some drama. I did see the handshake and it seemed like there is still some bad blood.  I’m fine with that, let’s take things a bit personally as we try to kick SF off the mountain. 

That would be pretty petty of MLF if he got sour over Shannahan inquiring .